Chapter 9: Mage and Esper

(A/N): In the previous chapter I thought the first name of Misaka Mikoto was Misaka so my bad, for now, I'll keep Misaka as her family name while I change Mikoto to make a new name that suits our MC, if there are any suggestions for a name, you can write it and enjoy.

...

The bustling road in front of the station buzzed with the energy of high school students, for it was the day of entrance ceremonies across all schools. Amidst the throngs of people, the corner near the grand department stores was an especially vibrant and lively hub.

"Hey, Hey, look over there! Isn't that the distinctive uniform of Tokiwadai Middle School?"

"Oh, you're right! What could bring someone like her to this place?"

"Who knows, but goodness, she is really beautiful. Just as one would expect from a student of Tokiwadai."

As Misaka-10000 continued along her path, she couldn't help but overhear the hushed conversation behind her.

"Right! wonder if her hair color is natural."

"Don't they have strict rules in Tokiwadai regarding such things? It should be natural, I think."

"Hey, you two, stop talking behind people's backs. What if she heard you?"

"Well, we're not talking trash about her or anything."

"Right!"

"Ugh, you girls really-"

"..."

Misaka-10000, aware of the murmurs surrounding her, chose to ignore the gossip.

She had grown accustomed to such whispers over time, though somehow she found a strange enjoyment in it.

(Just when I thought I had finally found teammates, they both vanished without a trace.)

Letting out a weary sigh, she lowered her head, feeling a wave of exhaustion wash over her.

After going to the teacher's room as instructed to find Aisa, Misaka discovered that she had already left. Hoping to run into her, She made her way towards the train station, a popular gathering spot for students after school.

As she strolled along, Her's gaze wandered, hopeful to catch sight of either Aisa or Kazakiri. However, neither of them graced her vision since their last encounter.

(Should I ask the others in the network? Maybe they have come across both of them by any chance.)

...

"...A mage?"

A figure standing ten meters away suddenly came to a halt. She neither moved nor caused a commotion; she simply stood there, her eyes fixed on Misaka.

The woman had an unusual appearance, with a foreign air about her.

One could describe her as a gothic lolita—she was dressed in a long black dress adorned with white lace and ribbons. Anything worn by a blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl would look good.

However, despite her long blonde hair, her skin appeared weathered and frail.

(I should strike as the chance in the sight, It might be advantageous for my plan. But what is a Mage doing here?)

For the corners of her mouth. Her face was like a steel mask, but her lips began to stretch across it, thinly, long, and silently, into a smile.

...and suddenly, the ground just behind her exploded violently.

In an instant, everyone around scrambled into nearby buildings, screaming and shouting. University students and teachers who were driving at the time immediately stopped their cars and hurried indoors.