Chapter 27: Level 5 Batlle

Amidst the dancing flames, Misaka's eyes darted from side to side, taking in the aftermath of the explosion that had engulfed her apartment. The once serene plaza below had transformed into a chaotic battleground of fire and debris. The very air crackled with the heat of the blaze.

Despite the devastation, Misaka herself remained unharmed. Her unique church outfit is seemingly untouched by the surrounding inferno. She could feel the heat licking at her skin, yet it dared not leave a mark on her.

Her gaze, unwavering even in the face of the raging flames, shifted towards the distance. Through the haze of smoke and embers, she locked eyes with the figure responsible for this orchestrated chaos.

In the stillness of the early morning, ITEM stood atop a nearby skyscraper, their gazes interlocked in a silent exchange. The remnants of the exploding apartment below cast eerie shadows upon their faces.

A new sound emerged from within the roaring flames. An electric crack echoed through the desolation, and a vibrant blue aura of electromagnetic energy enveloped Misaka's body.

"She doesn't want to learn, concludes Misaka as she is about to resort to the hard way"

Leaning forward, her front leg bent at the knee, She became as sleek and streamlined as a speeding spear.

Crack!

The air echoed with a sharp, whip-like sound as Misaka sliced through the air, her body soaring with a fluid grace.

A subtle smile played on Shizuri's lips as she observed the clone closing in through the air. Swiftly, she reached for a two-way radio, bringing it to her mouth.

"Now."

"?!"

As the command escaped Shizuri's lips, Misaka's ears detected an approaching sound.

She redirected her gaze downward, toward the source of the sound, her eyes fixated on an ascending missile.

"Shit!"

With no time to evade, instinctively, she brought her arms into a defensive guard.

A thunderous roar shattered the air. A pulsating shockwave rippled outward, and an explosion painted the sky with hues of orange and red.

The force of the explosion propelled Misaka backward, leaving a trail of sparks and smoke in her wake.

Colliding with the unforgiving floor, her body rolled with the momentum until she reached the far end of her apartment.

"From where did that missile come—!!"

Before she could even draw a breath, several green-like beams hurried toward her. Without hesitation, she raised both hands, and an electromagnetic field emerged, forming a protective barrier against the oncoming onslaught. 

"Gh!!"

But it overcame her, sending her staggering all the way down, slamming into the cold concrete ground.

The ground quivered, leaving a crater as the sheer force of the impact reverberated through the surroundings.

Amidst the rising smoke, Misaka's figure emerged, seemingly struggling to maintain a steady gait.

She took a brief pause, catching her breath as she attempted to grasp the recent turn of events.

"She was waiting for me... Going head-to-head is not a good idea as she anticipated my moves, concludes Misaka as Misaka tries to come up with an explanation"