Chapter 10: Aleister

The room they found themselves in was modest yet cozy. Soft yellow lights illuminated the space, casting a warm glow upon the walls adorned with framed landscapes. The wooden furniture exuded a rustic charm, showcasing the inn's traditional aesthetic.

Misaka and Aisa took a seat on the edge of the bed, positioning themselves slightly closer to each other.

They sat with their backs straight, facing Tsuchimikado, who perched on a chair. His restless legs tapped against the wooden floor, a subtle rhythm echoing throughout the room as his fingers unconsciously tapped in unison.

"So how did you know you can find us here, asks misaka suspicion of the weird guy in front of her"

"Well, I am the type of guy who has so many friends. Just look at me. If I was curious about something or someone, I could always rely on my extensive network to gather information," Tsuchimikado replied with a confident smirk.

Misaka raised an eyebrow."So, you just happened to know exactly where to find us in this city just by asking a few friends? Asks misaka still skeptical of the weird guy's claims"

Tsuchimikado chuckled, crossing his arms. "Let's just say that my friends are well-connected and have a knack for finding the right information at the right time. It's all about being in the right circles, you know?"

(We were just discussing the need for someone with connections, and in the next instant he magically appears at the front door... a coincidence?)

"...So, you went through all this trouble just to join a team without a name? Asks misaka"

"Yet... a team with someone who came so close to defeating the strongest esper in the city can't remain nameless for long, don't you think?" Tsuchimikado replied with a grin.

"...you really have so many friends, don't you? Says Misaka"

"That's just me, baby. But anyway, that's not my only reason."

"And what's the other reason? Asks misaka"

Tsuchimikado leaned back in his chair, a mischievous glint in his eyes. 

 "A team with two beautiful girls. What more could I ask for?"

"..."

"..."

Misaka exchanged a knowing glance with Aisa.

"That's actually a good reason, confirms Misaka"

"I can't blame him for wanting to be on the same team as me. I am so beautiful, after all."

(For the first time, I didn't receive that disgusted look. Maybe there's a chance...)

"But he's not my type."

"Neither is for Misaka..."

They both nodded in agreement.

(...Never mind.)

"So... am I officially part of the team now?"

(...He didn't hide the fact that he's aware of what happened between me and Accelerator... It might be better to keep him close and learn more... and he would be useful as well.)

Misaka extended her hand towards Tsuchimikado. "Welcome to the team. We're glad to have you, says Misaka"

Tsuchimikado shook her hand enthusiastically. "You won't regret this"