four.

"YESSSSS!" James and Sirius screamed together.

The three teens walked to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour, and sat down at a small, round table that had a colourful umbrella over it.

"So Jesse, are you just starting Hogwarts this year, 'cause I'm pretty sure I've never seen you around before." James asked happily, looking at the list with the flavours of icecream on it.

"Yeah, Uncle Albus kinda adopted me, I guess."

"So you're... Wait how old are you?" Sirius asked, confused.

"13." Jesse nodded, taking the list as James passed it to her.

It read:
- Strawberry and peanut butter
-'Chocolate frogs n' cream
- Pumpkin
- Treacle tart
- Bertie Botts every flavour icecream
- Cookies n' cauldron cakes
- Butterbeer
- Pepper imp
- Lemondrop
- Mint extreme
Sirius and James shouted 'hooray' and high fived.

"You'll be in our year!" The cried in unison.

They both high-fived Jesse, and they sat in a comfortable silence until Sirius spoke up.

"Well I'm going to have chocolate frogs 'n cream." He grinned.

"Butterbeer is way better!" James argued.

"Jesse?" They both asked.

"Um, I'm gonna have cookies n' cauldron cakes." She smiled.

The teenagers walked up to the counter where they ordered their ice-creams, and after getting them they ate, talked and walked, stopping outside a shop that sold muggle stuff.

"Ooh! They have skateboards!" Jesse exclaimed, finishing her icecream and walking inside.

James and Sirius looked confused, but followed her inside, looking around the shop.
In the window sat five skateboards (James and Sirius saw just pieces of wood with wheels 'cause they didn't know what skateboards are) and some helmets.

Jesse picked up one of the boards and examined it, before walking over to the counter where a lady stood.

"How can I help you, sweetheart?" The lady asked, kind blue eyes looking at Jesse from behind the counter.

"I was wondering how much this costs?" Jesse asked politely.

"Do you skate?" The lady asked, smiling.
Jesse nodded vigorously, her face lighting up at the thought of skating.

"That would be 4 galleons for you." The lady said, and Jesse handed her four gold galleons.

"Thank you so much!" Jesse grinned, walking out of the shop with her new skateboard in her arms.

Sirius turned to Jesse and asked "what's that?"

"A skateboard, you want me to show you how it works?" Jesse asked.

"Sure." James and Sirius said in unison.

Jesse put the board on the ground, then jumped on. She started doing tricks (like in video above)

"Woah." Sirius exclaimed, "you gotta teach me how to do that!"

"Sure." Jesse said, and began showing Sirius how to ride a skateboard.
......
An hour later Sirius could ride a skateboard and almost do an Ollie, but Jesse couldn't teach him anymore as she only had half an hour until Albus arrived, and she hadn't got much of her school stuff yet.
James and Sirius took Jesse around Diagon Alley, buying their school stuff at the same time as Jesse bought hers, until they got to The Magical Menagerie.
Jesse headed inside and bought a pitch black owl, calling it Midnight, and a tabby kitten, which she called Elvendork.
...
With her backpack full of school supplies, skateboard under her feet, Midnight in her cage in one hand and Elvendork on her shoulder, Jesse skated down Diagon Alley, looking for Albus.

James and Sirius had left only minutes before, as James's mum had picked them both up, leaving Jesse to find Albus. She skated around, and about 10 minutes later she spotted him.

"Jesse, dear, there you are!" Albus chuckled, watching Jesse skate towards him.

"Hey! Are we going back to Hogwarts now?" Jesse exclaimed over the crowd.

"If you want to." Albus called back, and Jesse nodded.
...
Jesse lay in her room, listening to the Beatles once again, when Albus walked in, with another teacher behind him.

"Jesse, dear, our new teacher, Professor Filius Flitwick is here to help you decorate your room." Albus told Jesse, as her eyes widened.

"Decorate? My room?" Jesse asked, before turning to Filius, "I'm Jesse by the way, pleased to meet you."

"Pleased to meet you to." Filius nodded back.

"Yes Jesse, we are going to let you decorate your room." Albus nodded, then turned and left the room.

"So Jesse, what do you want to do to your room?"

Jesse told him what she wanted to do, and an hour later her room was finished.

In the place of her old bed was a new wooden queen sized four poster bed, that had dark midnight blue covers and black curtains. By the window sat a midnight blue armchair, and in the corner sat a big wooden wardrobe. At the side of the room sat a black comfy sofa and a desk. The ceiling was painted like the night sky and enchanted to change with the weather, like the great hall. Her skateboard, black electric-acoustic guitar and bag were lined up along the wall beside the window.

"Thank you Filius!" Jesse exclaimed.

"That's okay, Jesse, see you for your first charms lesson in tomorrow!" Filius said, before leaving.