five.

The next morning, Jesse once again rolled out of bed and on to the floor.

"Owwww." She groaned, before getting up and walking to the wardrobe, humming 'she's leaving home'.

She showered and got dressed quickly,
"Uncle Albus?" She questioned as she walked up to him.
"Yes, Jesse?" Albus replied.
"I was just wondering, what do I do in the holidays?" Jesse asked.
"You stay here of course, you have your room don't you?"
"Uh huh, thanks."
"Now we need to leave in half an hour so you can catch the train." Albus smiled.
"But I'm already here." Jesse said.
"I thought you might want to meet some of your class mates, before you got sorted." Albus chuckled.
"Thanks... Uncle." Jesse grinned cheekily back, before grabbing a piece of toast and biting into it.
......
Jesse weaved her way through platform 9 3/4, with her robes, wand and money for the train journey in her backpack, as she decided to leave her trunk at Hogwarts.
Climbing onto the train, she entered a compartment, where a bunch of people wearing blue and bronze and green and silver sat.
A mean looking girl wearing a blue and bronze tie looked her up and down before speaking.
"What do ya think your doing, weirdo?"
"Yeah, freak, get out of our compartment." A boy wearing a green and silver tie who had his arm over her shoulders backed her up.
With her eyebrows crinkled in confusion, and sadness written all over her face, Jesse went to find a compartment by herself.
Once inside, she shut the door and curled up in the seat by the window, trying to hold tears in.
"Why are some people so mean?" Jesse asked aloud.
Jesse sat in the compartment, thinking to herself, when she saw two familiar faces looking in.
Once they spotted her, the opened the door and bounded in, followed by two unfamiliar faces.
"Jesse!" James and Sirius cried together.
Sirius was wearing a black button up shirt with rolled up sleeves and grey skinny jeans, and James was wearing jeans, a white v neck and a green checked flannel shirt.
Studying Jesse's sad face carefully, Sirius spoke up cautiously.
"What's the matter Jesse?" He asked.
Jesse turned to him and smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes.
"I'm fine."
James frowned, sat across from Sirius and Jesse, before announcing,
"Have you met these guys, J?"
Jesse giggled quietly, before answering "No, and J?"
"Yeah it's your new nickname." He said, before gesturing to a guy with light brown hair and hazel eyes, who was wearing a white shirt, red and gold tie and was wearing black trousers.
"Jesse, this is Remus, Remus, this is Jesse."
"Hey Remus, pleased to meet you." Jesse pulled a smile.
"Hey Jesse, pleased to meet you too." Remus smiled politely back.
"And this is Peter, Peter this is Jesse." Sirius introduced Jesse to a boy
"Hi Peter."
"Hi Jesse."
......
30 minutes later, Jesse changed into a white shirt with rolled up sleeves, black shorts with braces (because she didn't like skirts) and a plain grey tie hung around her neck.
She entered the compartment, and walked over, sitting between James and Sirius.
She looked at James, and noticing his tie was tied properly, she spoke.
"Jaaaaaaaaaaaames?"
"Yeah, J?"
"Can you tie my tie please?"
"Sure, J." James turned and began to tie her tie, as Jesse was sat cross-legged on the seat, facing him, just as a girl walked in.
Jesse watched the girl as she walked in, and noticed the girl looking in confusion at James tying her tie. The girl had beautiful long, curly red-ginger hair, emerald green eyes, and she was wearing a white shirt which was tucked into a black skirt and she had black suede boots on her feet. Her red and gold tie was tied around her neck, and she was holding her robes in her hand.
"Hey Lily." Remus nodded at her from his seat.
"Hey Evans." James and Sirius said in unison , and Lily nodded at both of them, but didn't say anything, before turning to Jesse.
"You must be the new girl." Lily said to Jesse.
"Jesse Hughes." Jesse held out her hand, and Lily shook it.
"Lily Evans, pleased to meet you."
"You too." Jesse nodded.
"Well, I just came to say hi!" And with that, Lily skipped out of the compartment.
....
About half an hour later, the Marauders and Jesse hopped off the train.
Going with what Albus had told her, she got into a carriage with the Marauders and the chatted about random stuff- like what house Jesse would get into- until they arrived at Hogwarts.