thirty-one.

in the aftermath of the party, most people filed out of the room of requirement, but Jesse, Eli, Marius, Regulus, Shadow, James, Remus, Chaos, Phoenix, Sirius, Peter and a few Slytherins stayed, all sitting cross legged in a circle to play Truth or Dare.
An older girl called Stacy wanted to play spin the bottle, but Jesse had shifted uncomfortably at the thought, and James, Eli, Phoenix, Marius and Peter all instantly refused- some for Jesse's sake, and some for their own.
So, sat in the circle, in between Eli and James, Jesse felt slightly protected by the game of truth or dare.
"So, Remus. Truth or Dare?"
//
After an hour or two of truth or dare, and a lot of awkward questions and even more awkward dares (Eli kissed James, Stacy got red and gold hair, and Regulus and Shadow were forced to kiss, Remus revealed his love for the Beatles, Sirius was suddenly mute, and a slytherin girl called Lucy had to tell everyone who she would most likely date in the room full of people), the groups all decided to split ways, and Jesse, Eli, Marius, Chaos and Pheonix decided to crash in the marauders dorm. They pulled all the mattresses onto the floor and duplicated a couple, so the entire floor was covered in mattresses, blankets and pillows, and they all lay, heads in the middle and chatted for hours until they fell asleep.
Jesse awoke in the morning with a throbbing in her head and the sudden realisation that someone was laying on her legs. She sat up with a little struggle, pulling her arm out from under James, and saw that Eli was laying on her legs, so she rolled him off.
She then climbed across the sleeping bodies to the window, and opened it, letting the warm air flow into the room.
She sighed, not unhappily, and decided that the only thing that would ease her headache was a swim in the lake.
So, she headed back to her dorm and took a quick shower, splashing her face with freezing water, and she threw on a bikini- which made her slightly uncomfortable, but she figured that nobody would see her anyway- and on of James old long sleeved t shirts.
Jesse let her hair dry naturally as she walked down to the lake barefoot, as it was very early, and on weekends like this and a party like last nights, most people wouldn't be up until noon.
Her hair springed into soft curls as it dried, hanging down her back like waves as she approached the black lake. The feeling of the soft grass in between her toes, the smell of the fresh lake, the breeze in her hair and the warm sunshine tickling her skin made her smile, and Jesse pulled off the t shirt as she got to the lake, and jumped straight in, swimming around before just floating on her back. The water made her skin tingle with joy and she felt happy, her headache disappearing almost immediately.
After what seemed like hours, Jesse heard laughter ringing out across the grounds, and she looked up to see James, Eli and Marius walking down to the Lake in their board shorts, closely followed by Sirius and Peter, and Chaos and Pheonix in their bathers.
The three chuckling boys at the front spotted Jesse immediately, and waved, before James spotted his shirt on the ground and yelled out, "HEY! Is that my shirt???".
They all jumped into the water and swam up to Jesse easily, and the others soon joined them, and they were all soon laughing and splashing each other and just generally having a happy time.
Eventually, Jesse climbed out, and Eli followed, laying on the grass beside her as she lay under a tree as protection from the warm sun.
"How're things with my favourite human?" He rolled onto his side and looked at his friend.
"They're good, I guess. I don't know, Eli. But I've missed you, that's for sure." Jesse rolled onto her side, too, and smiled at Eli.
The two chatted for hours while the others swam, but soon they all climbed out of the icy water and Peter accioed a picnic and picnic blanket.
Jesse pulled out her camera and snapped lots of pictures as her friends all laughed and joked, eating and singing and giggling and chatting about everything and anything.
The day started to cool down as the afternoon set in, and Jesse threw back on James shirt, and it was dusk before they even thought of heading back up to the castle.
But eventually they did, and as they all parted ways, Eli coming to Jesses dorm as he didn't really have anywhere else to stay, Jesse thanked her friends and hugged them all happily, and she fell asleep with a smile on her face.

..
Ohmygosh
I completely forgot to update and it's been so long and I'm so so sorry.
I mean- that's if anyone's still reading this.
But if you are, thank you for reading.
It actually means so much to me.
So thank you.
Love ya,
xx