thirty-nine.

Nobody could console Sirius. Especially after he found out about the baby. Especially after nobody found her body.

After almost a week of heartbroken sobbing, he stayed on the couch, staring at the wall, not eating or sleeping, for days and days, until he passed out. Then, he'd eat a slice of toast and some tea when he awoke, and start over. Sobbing, staring, padding out. Sobbing, staring, passing out.

He found one of her sweaters, and held it as a small child would hold their teddy or blanket.

Remus seemed to be hit almost as hard. He cried, and wrapped himself in her favourite blanket. Locked himself away in her room and slept in her bed, hoping she'd appear, hoping she'd walk through the door with that dumb smile on her face, knock her hand against his shoulder and laugh at him for being so silly. Then, she'd climb into the blanket with him and they'd sit side-by-side in the window, laughing, talking, being best friends again.

Peter hadn't been seen for weeks, either. He'd contacted James and said he was going away for a while, somewhere alone, and not to worry, but that was all the contact they'd had in months.

The mourning of Jesse Hughes went on for almost fifteen months.
Then, one day, Sirius didn't cry when he awoke from passing out. Instead, he climbed the stairs of Jesse's house to her room, and walked into Remus's open arms. They hugged for hours. And then, they went downstairs and made pancakes.

Little did they know, hours away in a little shack on the remote coast of a scottish island, There was a baby, about seven months old, crying for their mother.
Their mother who came and picked them up and set them on her hip.
Their mother with chocolate curls and stormy grey-blue eyes.
Their mother who was determined to find a way back to her friends.

So. I think that may be the end of this one. I might make a sequel, if anyone wants to read it. These last two chapters were quite short, but i've been meaning to write them for a while, but i wasn't quite sure how to write them.
But yea, any questions or ideas will be appreciated and answered <3

Thankyou so so so so much for reading. I appreciate each and every person who read this book. Honestly. Genuinely. Thankyou. So much.

This is the end for now. Maybe there'll be more in the future. For now, this is it.

The girl from the stars.

Jesse Hughes and her boys.

It's been an honour to write about them.

Anyways, see y'all later <3

xx