thirty-three.

Jesse was up and running around again within a week, and with the halloween holidays coming up again, she was overly excitable and bouncing around.
James always seemed to be at her side, cautiously watching her, but enjoying her seemingly constant good mood.
It was a tuesday morning, the day before halloween, when she woke up and immediately started laughing at the sight before her.
Remus, James, Sirius and Peter were seemingly tiptoeing across the room, but had stopped when she woke up and somehow, confusingly, tangled themselves together.
They all looked completely confused, before bursting out laughing with Jesse.
She leapt out of bed, and yelled "Pile On!" before jumping on top of the four and tipping them over.
"Did i hear pile on?" Eli and Marius peeked through the door, before bouncing in and leaping on top of the pile.
"PILE ON!" Phoenix, Chaos and Callie came running through the door and jumped onto the pile too.
"GET OFFFF!!!!!" Sirius squealed from the bottom of the pile, "YOURE MESSING UP MY HAIR."
"ohhhh, poor Sirius, we're messing up his hair." Callie giggled.
---
After they all pulled themselves out of the pile, they decided to go to breakfast.
They all went back to their rooms, and said theyd meet in the dorms, about 15 minutes later.
Jesse leaped up the stairs, skipping about three steps each leap, and skidded into her room, already happy with the morning.
She grabbed a shortish green purple and red tartan skirt, a dusty orange turtleneck and a way-too-oversized denim jacket, quickly changing into them, before she slipped some christmassy socks onto her feet along with a pair of black doc marten shoes.
She then pulled a brush through her dark curly tangles, and washed her face quickly.
Then, she leaped back down the stairs, tripping in a very Jesse-like fashion, and James caught her at the bottom.
"Be careful, J. You've only just recovered." He laughed, but there was a look of concern in his hazel eyes.
"Okie dokie." She giggled, too happy to worry.
And with that, they all went to breakfast.
Somehow, they all managed to sit together, piling onto the Hufflepuff table with Phoenix.
Sirius, James, Remus and Peter decided to have a competition, piling as onto their plates, and wolfing it down as fast as they could. Eli opted for a little less- just a simple breakfast of toast and jam. Marius ate cheesy toast, and Callie, Chaos and Phoenix decided that that looked like a good idea, too.
Jesse grabbed a bunch of strawberries, and watched her friends joke with each other as she smiled to herself.
After breakfast, they found their way up to the astronomy tower, where they all piled onto the floor and cloud-gazed for a while.
...
"Hey, Siri?" Jesse rolled over to look at her friend.
"Yeah?"
"Do you wanna pass me the binoculars?"
"Sure, J." Sirius sat up, ran a hand through his hair, and grabbed the binoculars, passing them to Jesse.
There was a moment of silence as Jesse gazed at the sky, before...
"Hey, is that a bludger?"