Fate or Misfortune? ( Y/N Pov )

'There's something different about this morning,' you told yourself as you walked to school. The sky was a dull shade of greyish blue. The city seemed rather peaceful and for a moment it seemed like the perfect place to be. The people chattered amongst each other. You noticed that each and every one of them was living a completely different life.

HONK!

You set aside your thoughts for a while as you looked ahead to see that you had reached school. It was really early in the morning ( A/N: that explains the unusual quietness without all that philosophical mumbo jumbo you just said back there ) so you guessed that you'd be the first one to have come to class today. This isn't the case usually but today was different because you had been way too anxious ever since last night.

You entered the classroom and were surprised to see a familiar figure had already found his way to the class before you did. It was Yeonjun. He was scribbling on the white board. It was obvious that he was trying to cram-study. You'd seen him during one of his dance practices so you already knew that he put in a lot of effort into whatever he did, but this side of him was still comparatively new to you. He had to work twice as hard in school so he could keep up with his dance rehearsals and the straining routine of a trainee.

His mom had always been supportive of him and he'd always mention her with utmost respect. These were just a few of his most admirable qualities.

But as you saw him tirelessly memorize the words as he wrote them, you realized the immense pressure that he was under.

There are always options. If you ever mess up or quit one thing, you can always do something else. But it wasn't the same for him. At least he didn't believe it was. To him, his whole life's work was on the line. There aren't a lot of people out there who know what they wanna do with their life, who have motivation. Most of us just while away with the flow of life and end up trying multiple things before finding something we're good at.

But that wasn't the case with him. He knew what he were good at, what he loved doing and had the right motivation to keep getting better and better. It was remarkable. No wonder so many girls referred to him as their "crush". You would've been the same if you hadn't found the thought hurtful.

There he was living his life as a person while people fawned ownership over him and his feelings as if he had no say in it whatsoever. You wanted to get to know him as a person, not a toy or a trophy. He was a person and belonged to no one but himself. You wanted to support him, and I have done so since two years prior to today whilst being on the sidelines, but that didn't give you any right over him.

Because you didn't support him to earn his affection or recognition, but rather to see him grow and flourish merely because he saved me. Because you want to challenge yourself and hope for him to smile contently when he looks back at how far he's come.

Perhaps that's why you agreed to this whole "fake-dating" thing in the first place. The reason you pushed yourself in this situation. The reason you don't feel awkward around him. Because he has that kind of an aura. He keeps you wondering about what you should and shouldn't do.

"Maybe I should stop having these weird sidelined-feelings for him. Maybe I should stop imagining things. Because at the end of the day, he had no interest in me whatsoever. I would just drag him down with me anyway. And I was just happy that I could help him in whatever way possible. Afterall, that's how I am with everyone." You thought, now staring at the floor. You didn't dare go inside the classroom now, considering that you might make things awkward and interrupt him. So you went outside and waited on a bench at the back of the school building.

 So you went outside and waited on a bench at the back of the school building

You waited there till there were 5mins left till the bell rang. You then made your way back to class. As you did so, you felt like you were being followed. You'd even felt it as you had been sitting on the bench before, as if you were being watched by someone close by...