eleven ⚠︎︎

it was dark out when the girls finally left jeongin's place. jeongin had spent the last few hours looking through posts on the zoo, especially killkz's account. but still even after all that digging, they still didn't have a clue who could be doing this.

minji had been quiet since jeongin showed them that video post. she was disturbed and her nerves shook with an intensity she had never felt before. she was terrified. not only for herself but also for sooyun, who wouldn't even be in this situation if it wasn't for her.

minji opened the door of sooyun's car and slid into the passenger seat. sooyun was already sitting in the driver seat and was waiting for minji. "this is probably a dumb question, but are you okay?" sooyun asked and minji just shook her head.

"i just want this to be over," she replied. "and i just feel so bad for bringing you into this. you wouldn't have had to..."

sooyun cut her off. "hey, none of that. don't do that to yourself. regardless of everything, i'd rather be going through this with you than you going through it alone. we're in this together, minnie."

minji slowly nodded her head and sooyun sent her a small smile. sooyun put the key into the ignition and was getting ready to turn it when she got a whiff of something. something... foul.

sooyun stopped and looked at minji. "do you smell that?" she asked. minji lifted her nose a little higher into the air and inhaled. then her nose scrunched and she nodded. "what is that?"

sooyun and minji both looked in the floorboards but didn't see anything. they also checked the glove box and the center console. nothing. sooyun then looked into the backseat and at that moment was when she noticed a white trash bag sitting in the floorboard behind minji. and it wasn't there before.

"what the hell?" sooyun asked. she turned the backseat light on to get a better look and that's when she noticed the red smudges on the inside of the bag. is that blood? she gulped and hesitantly moved closer. she loosened the bag strings and slowly opened the bag a little more.

her mouth watered and she pulled back quickly. she didn't want to touch her mouth with her hands so she used the crook of her elbow. she felt sick to her stomach. she tried to slow her breathing.

"what is it?" minji asked but sooyun couldn't form the words. minji twisted around in her seat to look into the bag and she screamed. she twisted back around in her seat and got out of the car. minji hunched over and hurled into a dead patch of grass.

sooyun quickly closed the bag back and got out of the car. she walked around to the other side to check on minji, who wiped her mouth with the back of her hand as she raised up from her hunched over position.

"who the fuck does that?" minji sniffed. before sooyun could respond to her, minji continued. "who the fuck just kills a poor innocent cat and leaves it in someone's car? are you fucking kidding me? this fucker has gone too far!"

"i know, i agree," sooyun replied. she quickly glances around, feeling spooked. "let's just get out of here. let's go home, okay?"

minji nodded and took a few steps closer to the car. sooyun circled around the rear of the car, stopping in her tracks as she noticed a piece of paper hanging out of the trunk. she turned fully towards the trunk and popped it open.

inside were a bunch of broken cat masks, blood splattered all over them. there were pictures of them everywhere too. at school, at home, going into jeongin's. it felt like an invasion of privacy.

but that wasn't the most horrifying thing. it was the piece of paper that had fell to the ground. and the chilling words that were written on it.

i will come for you both before the sun rises.

it was signed with killerkitten's initials at the bottom. i felt a lump form in my throat and i forced myself to swallow it as best as i could.

"what is it?" minji asked. she stepped closer to the trunk but stopped short. she noticed someone standing across the street. they were wearing all black and a cat mask.

sooyun looked up and at minji, who was looking elsewhere. sooyun slowly turned around and she felt her heart skip a beat when she saw the person standing across the street.

the person was lean, long arms and long legs. just from their body type, sooyun thought that it could be hyunjin. so she took a step forward and called his name. the person didn't even flinch.

minji roughly grabbed sooyun's arm and pulled her back, begging her to get back in the car. the person just stood there for a moment longer then they took a step forward. minji dug her nails into sooyun's arm and she hissed in pain.

"please! let's just go, soo!" minji begged. sooyun nodded and closed the trunk. then they both got in the car and sooyun started the ignition. minji was yelling at her to go but sooyun ignored her, speeding out of the driveway and onto the road.

was that hyunjin? was it possible that it was? was hyunjin the mastermind behind all of this? or was he just involved?

but what was his motive? was this some sort of revenge plan because felix was his friend and minji was cheating on him? how did hyunjin find out minji was cheating?

there were just so many questions going through sooyun's head as she watched the person get smaller and smaller in her rear view mirror.

her phone started ringing and she pulled it out of her pocket. she saw chan pop onto her caller id and she locked her screen, silencing the call.

then minji got a call too. "it's chan," minji said and sooyun waved her hand at her. minji answered the call and put it on speaker. "hello?"

"thank god you answered!" chan's voice came out rushed and panicked. "is soo with you? i tried to call her but she didn't answer. is she with you?"

"yeah, i'm here," sooyun responded. "i'm driving. what's up chan? you sound off."

"listen, you guys need to get here now," chan said and before sooyun could ask why, chan spoke again. "minho was just arrested."