fourteen ⚠︎︎

sooyun's head was pounding when she finally woke up. her eyes opened slowly and she squinted as her vision cleared. the first thing she noticed was that she was laying on the kitchen floor. her ankles and wrists were bound and there was something tied around her mouth.

her memory was still a bit fuzzy. her head felt like it was going to split open and her body was so achy. and for some reason, there was a ringing in her ears. what the hell did chan inject me with?

"look who's finally awake," a voice said and sooyun twisted her body around to see a person in all black clothing and a black cat mask. they were coming down the hallway and the voice sounded familiar. but sooyun couldn't place it yet. her head was still too fuzzy.

the person stopped right in front of sooyun and looked back down the hall. sooyun looked between the person's legs to see another person coming down the hall, stopping to stand beside the first one. they were wearing the same thing.

they both bent down and reached for sooyun, picking her up off of the floor. sooyun started squirming. she was terrified of what these people were going to do to her. the same people who had killed the cat and stuck it in her car.

the two boys placed her on the couch and one of them backed away from her. "you make one sound, this goes back on, got it?" the other gritted out as they ungagged her mouth and sooyun nodded.

sooyun heard another person coming down the hall, the bottoms of their shoes slapping against the hardwood floors. the third person is wearing all black just like the other two, but this one is wearing a white cat mask.

killerkitten.

sooyun felt her heart start to thump faster. god, she was so scared. the person stood between the other two and they both looked at the leader, who nodded at them.

they both reached up and off their masks. chan and.. hyunjin? so who the hell was killerkitten? was it jisung? was sooyun wrong about him after all? was he actually capable of doing this?

"y'know sooyun, when all of this started, i thought you would eventually figure out who i am," they said. that voice. it was so familiar. why couldn't sooyun place it? "you are the smartest out of you and that other bitch. i made it so fucking easy for you, too. i even gave you hints. and you still couldn't figure it out."

sooyun was so confused. who the hell was this? that voice did not belong to jisung. but she knew it. she just couldn't think of where she knew it. her head was pounding too much.

they reached up and sooyun held her breath. then they slowly took their mask off and sooyun saw a pop of dyed red hair. her heart stopped. no, it couldn't be..

sooyun watched as the mask fell to the floor then moved her eyes back up to the person's face. she couldn't believe it. it was him. she didn't think it could actually be him.

it was felix.

felix was killerkitten.

a grin grew onto felix's face. a twisted, nasty grin. "shocked, arent you?" he asked and sooyun just stared blankly at him. he raised an eyebrow. "cat got your tongue?" then he let out an outrageous laugh. "ah, please excuse my puns, soo soo."

sooyun sat up as much as she could and looked straight at him. "why are you doing this, felix?"

"why am i doing this?" felix repeated, his tone almost mocking. suddenly, he rushed at her and pressed a knife against her throat. "still can't figure it out, can ya soo?" he was yelling now and sooyun started sobbing. felix then dragged the knife up to her cheek and pushed the blade in enough to pierce the skin.

sooyun screamed in pain as he dragged it across her cheek. his other hand reached up and covered her mouth. she squirmed under him and he drew another line. the look on his face was inhumane as he watched blood trickle down her face.

he wiped the knife on his pants and looked at sooyun, who still had tears steaming down her face. "i guess i do owe you an explanation," felix said as he waved the knife around. "after all, you weren't really supposed to be part of this whole thing. it was just supposed to minji."

"what do you mean?" sooyun asked.

"this whole thing started when i came back from  spring break last year. hyunjin was the one who told me that minji was cheating on me with chan. so i went to chan and asked him about it. he confessed. i won't lie, i got pissed. i mean, my girl was cheating on me with my best friend while i was in another country, for fucks sake.

"anyways. i went home that day and got on the zoo. turned out a lot of people had dirt on minji and i wanted to expose her. so that's when i went to hyunjin with my expose plan and he was on board. he just wanted to help me out like any good friend would want to."

chan winced at felix's words. "where does chan fit into all of this?" sooyun asked.

"right, chan," felix rolled his eyes as he leaned back on the couch. "i know a lot of things about him. and i mean a lot. so i blackmailed him into joining me to expose his little bitch. or else i'd expose him too."

"what about me then? and minho?" sooyun asked. "did you tell the cops about him?"

"actually, no. i know you probably don't believe me but i didn't have any real intention on ratting out minho. his arrest really was a wrong place wrong time thing. i had nothing to do with it.

"as for you, you weren't a part of my grand plan," felix told her. "i had you as a back up because i knew minji would tell you about me. so i had to blackmail you and get you to back off a little bit. i knew it wouldn't last long though. you two are like magnets."

sooyun was trying her best to absorb all of it. her head was still pounding and she was so scared. was felix going to kill her right here in this apartment? she knew one of them, maybe even felix, killed the cat but was he capable of killing a human too?

she couldn't believe that felix was the one. felix was killerkitten. he was the one who had been terrorizing her and minji the past few days. along with the help of hyunjin and chan.

she didn't know who hit her with the baseball bat and she didn't know who had been standing across the street earlier. but she didn't care anymore. all of this came down to two people. minji and felix.

"why didn't you just talk to minji about this?" sooyun finally said. "why'd you have to resort to some childish ass revenge plan? you could've just went to her and talked it out. and the same goes for her. she should've went to you after cheating, but she didn't. it was fucked up, and i get it. but you guys didn't have to drag everybody into your shit."

"maybe you're right, soo. but there's also things you even don't know about your best friend. girls like her deserve to be dragged through the goddamn mud," felix responded to her. then he looked at chan and hyunjin. he nodded to them and hyunjin walked into the kitchen.

sooyun couldn't see him or what he was doing. but she could hear splashing sounds. hyunjin soon walked into view and he was carrying a huge red can and pouring a liquid onto the walls and floors. gasoline.

"chan." felix said and chan looked at him. "you need to help." chan shook his head and opened his mouth to speak but didn't say anything. felix was quick to stand up and went over to him, pressing his knife's blade into chan's throat.

"i will tell everyone about that night with minho," felix gritted through his teeth. something flashed across chan's eyes—fear? resentment?—and he left the room to start helping.

felix turned to sooyun. "i'm really sorry it has to end this way, soo. you're one of the few people i actually like at that school," felix said. chan and hyunjin came back and poured the last remaining gasoline in the living room.

hyunjin unlocked the door and opened it. sooyun watched as he and chan walked out. felix went to follow them out then turned back to sooyun. "i'm really sorry."

then felix lit a match and tossed it into a nearby puddle of gasoline. that same wicked grin spread across his face as he looked right into sooyun's eyes and shut the door.