fifteen

it was like slow motion. the match fell to the ground as the door closed. the puddle of gasoline sitting just in front of it quickly turned into flames. the fire started spreading. and it was spreading fast.

sooyun didn't have time to panic. she had to get out of there. it would only take just a couple minutes for the apartment to be completely on fire. going out the front door wasn't an option. the fire was spreading too fast and there was no way to get out that way.

she twisted around and looked at the kitchen. there was a window just above the table. the fire hadn't spread there yet so she could get out that way. but she had to be quick.

she got to her feet the best she could, wobbling as the ropes tied around her ankles restricted her movements. she attempted to hop over but she stumbled and fell to the floor. shit. she needed to get out of these ropes.

she took a quick glance around for something sharp. the kitchen island. she scooted herself across the floor and over to the edge of the island. she started moving her wrists against the corner, sawing the ropes as fast as she could.

she could feel the ropes beginning to rip. so she moved her wrists even faster. she heard a small snapping sound as the rope split and it loosened around her wrists. she moved her hands to the ropes on her ankles and started unknotting it.

she almost cried with relief when she finally loosened the knot and she was free.

sooyun stood up and looked towards the fire. the flames had completely engulfed the living room and was inching towards the kitchen now. she was running out of time.

she rushed over to the table and shoved everything off. she climbed on top of it and moved her hands to the latches on the window. she quickly unlocked them and after a few pushes, the window finally opened.

sooyun pushed the window up all the way and looked outside. shit. there was a small ledge underneath the window and a dumpster was sitting directly below. but there was no ladder. it would be a straight drop down. she could hurt herself if she landed wrong but she didn't have another option.

flames were now spreading into the kitchen. she really didn't have time to think of something else. she climbed out of the window feet first, carefully placing her feet on the small ledge. she gripped the window ledge as hard as she could. she looked down and she could feel the panic settling in.

it was terrifying and sooyun was so scared. but what other choice did she have right now? she took a deep breath and squeezed her eyes shut. then she let go of the ledge. she braced herself as her body dropped onto the dumpster with a loud thud.

the impact practically knocked the air out of her lungs and everything hurt. she let herself lay there for a moment, letting the air get back into her lungs. then she forced herself to get up and as she climbed off of the dumpster, something fell out of her hoodie pocket.

she looked down and saw that it was her car keys. she was sure that felix or one of the others would've taken them to keep her from leaving. but then again, they probably weren't expecting her to make it out of the fire. but she did.

as she bent down and picked her keys up, she could hear sirens in the distance. she limped against the back of the buildings, making sure to stay out of sight. she made it to the third building and peeked around the corner.

everyone was outside now, looking up at the apartment that was on fire. and that worked in her favor. no one would be watching her. she moved as quick as she could to her car and got in. she did a quick check for anyone in her backseat and when it was clear, she turned on the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

it was 12:45 am when sooyun pulled up outside of minji's house. she was only hoping and praying that felix hadn't gotten to her yet. sooyun turned the car off and got out. she locked the doors then rushed around the house to minji's bedroom window.

sooyun could see that minji's light was still on so she started tapping on the window. she could see a shadow moving around before it stopped in front of the window. the blinds went up and minji came into view. she looked at sooyun's appearance and quickly opened the window.

"soo... oh my god. what happened to you?" she said. she took a step back. "come in." sooyun climbed through the window and closed it behind her. she locked it then closed the blinds and curtains back.

"i have to talk to you," sooyun said and minji looked at her concerned. she limped over to the bed and sat down. "it's about killerkitten."

minji frowned. "i don't want to talk about them anymore. im so-"

sooyun cut her off. "i know who it is."

minji's eyebrows furrowed. "who is it?"

"it's felix." sooyun watched minji's face scrunch up with confusion then irritation. "minji, im not joking. it's him. and hyunjin and chan have been helping him."

minji looked at soo for a long time. she didn't want to believe what soo was saying. but she had never seen such a serious look on her face. she wasn't joking. she was telling the truth.

minji sat down on the bed next to soo. "tell me what happened." so she did and she didn't leave anything out.

sooyun told her about breaking into chan's apartment and the burner phone. she told her about chan coming home and finding her, about everything he told her. she told her everything from when she woke up, to finding out it was felix, to them setting the apartment on fire.

minji was at a loss for words. she was having a hard time believing it was felix. she couldn't even believe that chan and hyunjin were involved. especially chan. she couldn't believe that any of them were capable of something like this.

they actually set fire to an apartment. an apartment that wasn't just minho's but also chan's. sooyun could've died if she wouldn't have gotten out of there. minji's eyes teared up at the thought of losing her best friend. she couldn't even imagine it.

"you could've died, soo," she whispered as she blinked back tears. she wrapped her arms around sooyun and sooyun choked on a sob, her eyes filling with tears as she hugged minji back.

a buzzing sound pulled them apart and they both looked towards the sound, which was minji's phone on the nightstand. it buzzed a few more times. minji reached over and grabbed it.

it was messages from killerkitten.

minji showed sooyun the screen and they both read all of the messages together.

killerkitten:
your little friend shouldn't have stuck her nose where it didn't belong
she paid the price for it
come to the school and come alone
it's time we end things minji

minji locked her phone and stood up from the bed. sooyun grabbed her arm. "you can't be serious, minji. he'll kill you."

"he's not going to hurt me, soo. i'll be fine," minji said. "i have to end this."

"minji please," sooyun begged. "we don't know what he's really capable of."

"he's not capable of murder, soo. he's not going to kill me," minji said and she was so sure of it. but sooyun wasn't. minji wasn't there to see the inhumane look in felix's eyes. she wasn't the one who had been left for dead in a burning apartment.

minji pulled on a hoodie and stuffed her phone into her pocket. she hesitated by the door. "i don't know what's going to happen tonight," she admitted. "and i don't know what he's capable of." she looked at sooyun with tears in her eyes. "but i know i am so sorry about everything."

a tear rolled down sooyun's cheek and before she could reply, minji was walking out of her bedroom and leaving the house.

👤👤👤
this book will be coming to an end soon. and it would mean so so much if you voted on this chapter.
also pls refrain from commenting things like "update".