six

the lunch bell signaled and sooyun wanted to run away. but she couldn't. whether this killerkitten was bluffing or not, she had to protect minho. she had to be on the safe side.

she glanced up at minji, their eyes meeting. minji sent her a small grin and sooyun felt her heart pang with guilt. she really didn't want to do this. she forced a smile back and packed up her books.

"you sure you're okay?" minji asked as they headed out of the classroom. sooyun faintly nodded her head. minji was skeptical but then brushed it off. she started talking enthusiastically about something felix had done earlier but sooyun kept zoning out.

how was she going to do this? a troubled grimace took over her face as jisung and hyunjin walked out of their class. "ah, there she is," jisung wrapped his arm around sooyun's shoulder. "where were you this morning?"

"i overslept," sooyun replied as she eyeballed his hand. she narrowed her eyes at him. "hey. you wanna keep that hand?" jisung blinked at her before removing his arm.

"are you okay, soo? you don't look too good," hyunjin said as he looked over at the older girl. minji frowned when she looked at soo. she was wearing the same expression she had been earlier. what was up?

"she was probably up late with minho," jisung teased and sooyun quickly turned towards him, raising her fist.

"you little shit," sooyun said, punching him hard in the arm. jisung dramatically rubbed his bicep, feigning a pained expression. "hey! do you value your life? i did not hit you that hard!"

the four of them walked into the cafeteria. they went through the lunch line and sat down at their usual table. "felix is running late," jisung said before shoveling a mouthful of rice into his mouth.

"he probably got in trouble for sleeping again," minji replied. she popped a grape into her mouth and stole a glance at sooyun. soo was picking through her lunch, which was something she never did. the girl loved to eat.

minji knew immediately that something was wrong, despite soo saying everything was okay. maybe she and minho had a fight. but even then, if she was upset about minho, she would still eat. so what was bothering her?

felix finally walked into the cafeteria and over to the table. "sorry guys. ka chewed me out for sleeping," felix said and minji playfully rolled her eyes at him. he smiled and gave her quick kiss. "i'm gonna get something to eat. i'll be back."

he rushed over to the lunch line and returned with a tray a minute or so later. he sat down next to minji, smiling at her before shoveling a bite of vegetables and chicken into his mouth.

hyunjin started talking about something that had happened during swim practice, throwing his hands around dramatically. jisung eventually interrupted him and told him to stop exaggerating. the two started bickering and minji couldn't help but laugh at them.

her eyes wandered over to sooyun, who was staring directly at her. "soo, you okay?" minji asked and the whole table turned to look at her.

"no, i'm not okay," sooyun said and minji frowned at how bitter her tone was. "and really, i don't understand how you can be with everything going on right now."

minji's eyes widened. "what is she talking about, min?" felix asked but minji couldn't answer.

sooyun let out a sarcastic laugh. "of course, he doesn't know," sooyun rolled her eyes as a pang of anger rushed through her. "you only tell me and i get stuck with the consequences."

minji was shocked at sooyun's words. did something happen? was killerkitten after her now? she swallowed.

"you know, you've always been like this. you tell me shit and i keep it from your precious little boyfriend. and then i'm stuck with keeping your secrets," sooyun spat. "i'm sick of it, minji. i'm done. don't ever talk to me again."

sooyun stood up from the table, grabbed her tray and dumped it before leaving the cafeteria. she couldn't stop the tears that streamed down her cheeks as she practically ran to the girls' bathroom. she locked herself in a stall and sunk to the floor, hiding her face in her knees.

sooyun hated that she had to do that. she hated seeing the hurt look on minji's face. she could still taste the bitterness of her words. soo wanted to go back. she wanted to tell minji was killerkitten had made her do but she couldn't. she knew they were watching and she had to protect minho.

she was wiping her tears when she heard the bell ring, signaling the end of lunch. she immediately stood and grabbed her bag. she couldn't face minji just yet so instead of going back to class, she decided to leave the school grounds.

she heard her phone ding as she was walking down the street. she pulled her phone out of her jacket pocket and saw that it was them. killerkitten.

killerkitten
that was quite a show you put on back there.

seosoo
fuck off

killerkitten
that's no way to talk to someone who's trying to be nice, is it?

seosoo
nice? all you've done is harass me and minji
how long are you going to keep this up??

killerkitten
you held up your end of the bargain so i will leave you and minho alone.
as for minji, i'm far from being done with her.

seosoo
who are you?
just tell me one thing. it's the least you could do after what you just made me do.

killerkitten
all right.
the one thing i'll tell you is that you know me very well.

sooyun gasped as she stopped in her tracks. that narrowed down the list quite a bit. but if it was someone she knew well, that meant it was one of the boys. and she couldn't picture any of them doing this.

soo started to think of everything she knew about them. this person knew felix, and from what soo could tell, they could be friends. felix knew a lot of people but the first person who popped into her mind was chan.

could it be chan? she frowned. it made sense. but then, it didn't. why would chan being doing this to minji in the first place? maybe he was tired of having to sneak around felix, somebody he perceived as a younger brother.

no, soo shook her head. it can't be chan. her head ached the more she thought about who it could be. but she was determined. she had to find out who was doing this. she had to find out who killerkitten was.