twelve

the speedometer was reaching fifty in a twenty-five. minji was begging for her to slow down and kept trying to talk to her but sooyun wasn't in the mood for talking. she had to get to chan's apartment.

she didn't know what she would do about minho. what could she do? minho got arrested? how? where? why did he get arrested? surely it wasn't.... killerkitten. they had to have something to do with this. there was no one else who knew. they were the only person who seemed to care enough.

unless minho wasn't careful with his last transaction and someone tattled. but minho was always careful. with his clients, his supply, everything. it was a risky business so minho knew he couldn't take any chances.

so who the hell told? who turned him in? all signs kept pointing to killerkitten. sooyun slammed her open palms onto the steering wheel and let out a frustrated scream.

minji jumped at sooyun's sudden outburst and curled into herself when she saw tears well up in sooyun's eyes. she felt horrible about herself. all of these bad things kept happening because of her. because of killerkitten.

sooyun slowed down and turned the car into a parking lot for an apartment complex. she pulled into a parking space and turned the car off. she got out of the car and ran up the stairs towards chan's and minho's apartment, minji trying her best to keep up with her.

sooyun saw chan standing outside of the apartment, just staring blankly with a joint in between his fingers. he glanced over and saw the girls. sooyun marched up to him. "what the hell happened?"

chan's eyes widened a bit. he had never seen sooyun so upset. "well minho got home around four, told me he had a meet up," he took a hit from his joint. "said that he would be back in twenty minutes. but a whole two hours go by and i get a call from minho. said a cop saw the whole thing and he's been locked up."

"what the hell?" sooyun said. "he's always so careful. how could he let this happen?" sooyun felt like she was going to throw up. her hands were sweating as she smoothed down her hair. "okay, i'm going to go down to the station. there has to be something i can do."

sooyun went to turn around but chan grabbed her arm. she turned around and was ready to give him an earful. but he spoke before she could. "i really don't think that's a good idea, soo."

"and why the hell not?" she was fuming. how dare he?

"soo," he spoke softly, almost like he was talking to a child. it made soo feel small and angry. she wanted to punch him in the face. "you're a minor. if the police find out you're involved with him, he's not only going to be charged with drug possession and dealing."

soo was glaring at him but as she processed what he was saying, her face relaxed. "what are we supposed to do then? we cant just let him go to jail," soo said, her lips turning downwards into a frown.

"i'm not sure... we'll think of something. don't worry." chan gave her a small smile but soo couldn't return the favor.

she wanted to scream again. she wanted to cry. she wanted to hit something. anything. she was so angry. and so tired. but she couldn't rest as long as this stupid killerkitten was still after her.

maybe they didn't have anything to do with minho's arrest. maybe they did. but they did have everything to do with all the shit leading up to it. all soo knew is that she was fed up with this person's sick games. she had to find out who this son of a bitch was.

"thanks chan," soo said and chan nodded. "you'll let me know when you know more about minho?" chan nodded again. she looked at minji, who was just lingering. "i'll give you guys a minute to talk. i'll be in the car."