Ch 14 Sector 3 (Part 1)

The next day, Sector 3, 9:30 AM

Marie's POV

Toby and Marie woke up and ate breakfast together at the outpost earlier that day. The Captain walked into the kitchen with an announcement that the rest of the agents would arrive at the Outpost later on today. He ordered Toby to ready himself for Sector 3 before noonday strikes the clock and he did as told.

Toby suited up in his agent's uniform and armed himself with two weapons; His primary being the Hero Shot strapped to his back and his secondary being the Hero Dualies, each one attached on each side of his waist; He was also equipped with curling bombs and splat bombs.

But before he could leave the Outpost, he and Marie were in the living room at the table, having a heart to heart discussion about Callie and Agent 3.

Toby: "Steve is going to marry Callie?"

Marie: "Yes...Callie had always had an eye for Agent 3 for a long time. They've been a couple for more than two years, everywhere they go, they had their best and worst moments together, and the love between them grew so strong, that Steve gave her a promise ring on their anniversary."

The tall agent listened intently to Marie's as she goes deeper into the topic.

Marie: "But two days later, Gramps and the other agents left on a reconnaissance mission to Octo-Valley...Callie and I were supposed to patrol the canyon separately. The next day, she reported an octarian attack...I got over there as fast as I could...but she was gone, all that was left was her hero-roller and her sunglasses and a note filled with Samantha's taunting words...I didn't make it in time...I was too late..."

Toby can hear the tone of grief in her voice and his blue hair turn to a deep sapphire, he was sorry for the sorrowful agent 2.

Toby: "Marie, do you remember your grandfather telling you not to blame yourself? Clearly, he knew that it wasn't your fault, and that you did everything in your power to save Callie. I know for a fact that you love Callie more than anything in the world. I also think that Steve will understand your side of the story, granted he will want revenge on Samantha more than any of us."

Marie: *Sniffles* "You really mean it?"

Toby: "Yes, every word of it." He dried the tears from her eyes with his thumbs. "So please Marie, don't carry this on your own, chin up, take courage knowing that we will save Callie and Inkopolis sooner than you think." He made a little smile on his face, and Marie smiled back and hugged him with her arms coiled around his neck.

Marie: "Four...you're too sweet. I really needed to hear that...thank you." She hugged him for a moment as the tall man embraced her gently.

Toby: "Don't mention it, Marie." He spoke softly.

Their little embrace lasted a little more than a minute, and let go of each other as the agent walked out of the outpost and super jumped to Sector 3 in squid form. Marie watched him go from the porch and walked her way down to the surveillance room, worrying for him to return in one piece.

Marie: *Sighing* "For a tall and fast Inkling, Toby's so caring and compassionate...and pretty adorable too. I really hope he moves in with us." She sensed a warm sensation of the butterflies fluttering in her, her soft grin spread on her blushing face.

?????: "Marie, do you like Toby?" She turned around and saw the small midget of a crustacean, Sheldon, standing at the entrance.

Marie: "Wha-? N-No!" She scoffed with a strawberry-red face. "Go suck on a wrench or build whatever weapon that's on your mind or something!"