She's breaking

The morning sun shone through the windows as Dinah and Demi carried the girls through the door. Lauren, who had fallen asleep on the car ride home, started to stir in Dinah's arms as they sat down on the couch.

"Hey, baby girl. How do you feel?" Dinah asked the small girl as she opened her eyes. Lauren buried her face in Dinah's shirt before sitting up and pointing at Camila.

"Camz?" She questioned.

"She's okay, hun. She doesn't feel well either so she just needs sleep," Demi told her. Camila must have heard the commotion of the girls' voices because she started to pull herself closer to Demi and cry. Dinah and Demi shared a sad, yet worried look.

"I'll take her up to her room and calm her down. I don't want her to freak Lauren out," Demi told Dinah as she stood up, carrying Camila. Dinah nodded and wished Demi luck with Camila as she carried her out of the room. Lauren looked up at Dinah with worried eyes.

"She's gonna be alright, doll. Let's just watch blues clues until Demsie needs us, okay?" Dinah suggested to Lauren, who nodded. Dinah cut on blues clues for Lauren as she held her on her lap, but she couldn't help but wonder what was going on upstairs.

Demi POV

Camila had woken up and was in full blown hysterics by the time I got her up to her room to calm her down. I sat the crying girl down on the bed and got down in-front of her, taking her trembling hands in my own.

"Hey... look at me, Mila," I cooed. Camila shook her head, still squeezing her eyes shut.

"Come on, sweetheart... it's alright. Look at Demi," I spoke softly. She opened her teary eyes and looked at me before quickly beginning to panic. She pointed behind me and screamed before throwing herself into my arms and continuing to scream as she started to hyperventilate.

"Hey, hey... Mila... what do you see?" Demi asked as Dinah rushed into the room without Lauren, who must have been with Mani or Ally.

"Hey... what's going on?" Dinah asked as she took a seat next to Demi on the floor beside the bed.

Dinah POV

Demi looked up at time helplessly.

"She's hallucinating really bad, D... like really bad," Demi told me. Hallucinating? Okay, that's bad... I started wondering if something was wrong physically because she just started hallucinating out of nowhere these past couple of days.

"Do you think something's wrong?.. like physically?"

Demi shook her head, "I think she's having a psychotic break, love," Demi informed me.

"Oh, Mila..." I said softly as I rubbed the small girl's back as she sobbed and hyperventilated.

"Well, we need to calm her down. She's gonna make herself pass out," I told Dems, who nodded.

"I know, I just don't know what to do for her besides comfort her. I can't make her hallucinations go away," Demi said, thinking aloud.

"Try her thumb again?" I suggested.

"Oh, yeah," Demi spoke hopefully. She turned the distressed girl on her lap so she had her legs across hers and tried to get a hold of Camila's hand, but when she did, Camila lost it.

"D don't h hurt me!" She screamed through her hiccups and cries.

"Shhh, you're safe... I have you," Demi cooed as she continued wrapping up Camila's hand into a little fist, leaving only her thumb out.

Demi tapped Camila's mouth gently with her thumb, "here you go, hun," she whispered sweetly.

No one POV

Demi was grateful when Camila accepted her thumb and stopped screaming. Now, she was just crying and hiccuping with her eyes squeezed shut. Demi stroked the small girl's hair as her and Dinah began to sing to her. Demi started off:

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine...

Dinah soon joined her. The girls watched as the singing settled Camila, who slowly calmed down.

"I'm so so worried about her Dems..." Dinah confessed.

Demi sighed, "me too. I'm very worried. I think we should admit her tomorrow or at least have a psychiatrist come here and evaluate her then," Demi continued.

"I don't think she'd take to being admitted very well, so I'll call a psychiatrist today," Dinah told Demi, who nodded in agreement.

"It's a last resort. I'm just worried about her. She needs some kind of care, D," Demi explained.

Dinah sighed, "I know..."

"Do you think it's safe to bring Laur in?"

Demi thought about it, "I don't know." Demi and Dinah were wary about bringing Camila around Lauren even though she had calmed down a great deal because they knew that another episode could kick off at any time.

"I don't think it's that good of an idea either," Dinah sighed.

"Come on, Mila, hun... let's take a..." Demi started before looking down at Camila who was already asleep.

"Well then," Demi giggled a little.

"Let me tuck her in really quick, D," Demi told Dinah as she stood up, gently placing Camila in bed, and covering her up. She placed a gentle kiss on the small girl's head before exiting the room with Dinah to go and get Laur for lunch.

*time skip after lunch*

Demi had just gotten back to the girls' house after going to briefly run some errands. As soon as she walked through the door and hung her keys up, she heard a loud thud come from upstairs. Her first thought was Camila as she rushed up the stairs.

When she entered Camila's room she was immediately concerned by the lack of Camila in her bed. She hurried to the conjoined bathroom in Camila's room and found the door locked. "Shit," she said aloud as she searched for the key on top of the door. Finding it, she quickly let herself in and the sight startled her greatly.

Camila was passed out on the floor, her arms and thighs soaked in blood. Demi got down on her knees and picked the small girl up from the floor, cradling her in her arms. She gently slapped Camila's face a few times, luckily waking her up.

"Mila... hey, hey... what did you do, baby?" She pleaded with the girl who looked around before quickly starting to hyperventilate and scream.

Dinah and Lauren were playing in the backyard with the bubble machine when they heard Camila scream.