Chapter 5

I really like writing Hobie and Y/N talking even though this is Pav x reader LOL

of course i still like writing Y/N and Pav too <3

✦❘༻♡♡♡༺❘✦

     It didn't take them that long to come back. I don't know what they were up to, but it was around under an hour before they came back. I thought it would be longer, as I thought they would be off doing Spiderman stuff. 

     I look up from the laptop when I heard the door do its awful creak. I look up at smile at the familiar faces. They didn't have the same smiles as they did leaving. They must've been unsuccessful in whatever they were set out to do. Pavitr seemed disappointed, but it was Hobie's expression that disturbed me. 

     He was staring daggers at me. 

     He wasn't just staring at me with a dirty look. It was a mixture of suspicion and anger. It sent a shiver down my spine. Where did the friendliness from not even an hour ago go? Why was he looking at me as if my presence was an annoyance to him?

     I just gave him an awkward smile before looking back at disappointed Pavitr. I gave him a sympathetic smile.

     "Hey Pav, you seem a bit down." I mentioned. He sighed.

     "Yeah, well, I was a bit unsuccessful in what I set out to do. But it's okay! Don't worry about it." He brushed it off, either not wanting to worry me or not wanting to get into what their mission was.

     "Yo Pav brew me up a chai." Hobie ordered abruptly, without looking at Pavitr. Pavitr looked at him confusion.

     "But you had one just before we left?" Pavitr questions. Hobie gives him a look that had a trace of bitterness in it. 

     "Yeah and I want another one." He deadpanned. 

     Pavitr furrowed his eyebrows slightly. He shrugs and follows his order anyway, leaving to go brew another chai for him.

     When Pavitr disappears into the little room with the spices, fridge and mini stove, Hobie immediately turned to me. The sudden turn made me jerk up. I gave him a nervous smile.

     He strode over to me. He stood in front of me, looming over me menacingly. He leaned against the top bunk. It's here I realize he's very tall, abnormally tall for someone our age. He had a grim look on his face. 

     "Hi?" I tried greeting him but his stern expression did not budge. 

     "Be honest with me here now. Who are you." He asked blatantly. He was quiet, as if he didn't want Pavitr to hear him. My heart started racing in panic at his sudden question.

     "What?" I responded, just as quiet as he was.

     "You're not from here are you." He looked at me with cold eyes. I just smiled awkwardly.

     "Well, yeah of course not. Did Pavitr not tell you, I'm-"

     "No, you're not from here." He repeated.

     "Stop being so vague! You've been staring me down since you came back." I retorted, getting a little annoyed at this point. He bends down so he can stare into my soul. I step back.

    "You're an anomaly."

     My eyes unwillingly widen in shock and panic at that. He figured it out. How?