Chapter 10

✦❘༻♡♡♡༺❘✦

     I didn't get to see Pavitr again until the next evening. I had cried myself to sleep the night before, but still managed to wake up and get to work. I surprisingly functioned well at work, but by the time I got back to the room, I was exhausted.

     I ended up going straight to my bed and taking a nap. I slept in and didn't wake up till the evening anyway.

     I was still laying lazily in bed when he arrived. I perked my head up, but relaxed my head down again, realizing that I didn't really want to talk to him. For both the reasons that I was being petty about what happened yesterday, and my lack of energy. 

     "Hey Y/N!" He greeted as I heard him close and lock the door. I only grumbled in response, giving him the cold shoulder. I don't know what expression he had on his face, as I was facing away from him and had my head dug in the blanket.

     I rolled over in the bed to face away from him. I hear Pavitr climb the ladder, but not climb into the bed. 

     "Hey, are you alright?" He asked, the concern evidently in his voice. I feel my heart get heavy, and kept silent.

     He was silent though, and was silent for longer than he should have been. I didn't hear anything, so I assumed he was still hanging from the ladder. 

     So when I heard his voice next to my head, I nearly had a heart attack. 

     "Are you upset about something?" I jerked my head upwards to where Pavitr had somehow silently jumped up and was hanging from the top of my bunk bed. 

     I stared at him for a moment. He probably knows how to be silent and move around silently, being a superhero and all. 

     I shook my head at him before sinking my face back into my pillow. I hear Pavitr sigh before he puts his hand on my head, as if patting me to comfort me. I felt my heart race at the touch. 

     "Was it work? Or something personal?" He asked sympathetically. I just groaned in answer, but still didn't shove his hand away.

     Suddenly his soft touch turned into him ruffling my hair. When his hand left my head, I looked up at him in protest. He had a heartwarming smile on his face now. 

     "I don't care why you're upset. It doesn't matter. Get out of bed now, lets cheer you up." He said before dropping back down onto the floor. 

     I sit up and watch him as he walked. He spun on his heel and faced towards me with a confident stance, hands on his hips.  

     He used his hands to beckon me to come down from my current position. "Come on! Let's have some fun to get you in a better mood."

     My bitter attitude towards almost immediately faded away at his words. I couldn't hate him, no I could never really hate him for anything. I flashed him a small smile.

     The smile on his face shone brighter than ever. He was set on trying to cheer me up, and not knowing the reason on why I was upset didn't seem to bother him. His smile, attitude and entire happy self was just contagious.

     I sat up in the bed scooted myself to the end of the bed. I swung my legs over the ladder. "What are you thinking of?" 

     Pavitr stood in thought for a dew seconds before raising his eyebrows up at me, as if he had gotten an idea. 

    "I'll be right back." He said, sticking a finger up, indicating me to wait. 

     He left to go into the little room. I decide to climb down the ladder to sit on the bottom bed. I patted the bed before sitting myself down.