Chapter 13

Its happening

✦❘༻♡♡♡༺❘✦

    Pavitr stayed at his Aunt Maya's place overnight. 

     Despite taking that choice he couldn't sleep. He laid awake in his bed, thinking. Lost in thought about what happened, the current situation. 

     Just thinking about her.

     He was hurt. He was definitely hurt. He spent a good while crying. But he knew betrayals were bound to happen as Spiderman and that people would lie to him, to bring him down, to defeat him. 

     But this wasn't like that. She didn't lie to him because she was a villain trying to defeat Spiderman. She didn't lie to him to deliberately hurt him. 

     At least it didn't seem that way. She said that she liked it here. 

     Then why did she lie?

     Before he could finish his thoughts, Pavitr felt his watch buzz. He brought his wrist up to see what it was. It was Hobie, calling him. 

     Pavitr sat up in his bed and tapped on the watch to accept his call. A miniature version of Hobie as a hologram appeared from the watch. 

     "Sorry for disturbing your sleep, but I-" Hobie cut himself mid talk, squinting at Pavitr. "Are you alright, mate?" 

     Pavitr blinked and raised his eyebrows, nodding. "Yeah, yes I'm okay. What happened?" 

     Hobie furrowed his eyebrows skeptically but continued. "Well, I kinda wanted to hang out with you and capture some bad guys but-" 

     Pavitr looked at him expectedly as Hobie paused, sighing through his nose, staring at Pavitr with a sympathetic look. Pavitr made a gesture with his hands, urging him to go on.

     "Mate, you look awful. Wait there." Hobie said, before he ended the call abruptly. 

     Pavitr stared, his mouth slightly agape as Hobie left so suddenly, not letting Pavitr say anything back. 

     It didn't take long at all for a portal to open in the room, and Hobie stepped out. He was in his Spidey outfit, but his leather jacket was around his waist, and mask off.

     Pavitr, who was shirtless and in shorts, stared back at him. He sent Hobie a smile and a wave. 

     "Hey, Hobie." He greeted. 

     "I knew it." Hobie said as he leaned against the wall opposite him. "Something's happened. Your usual midnight energy's vanished. What's bugging you?"

     Pavitr stared at Hobie in awe, amazed that he had figured it out so quickly. Knowing that he couldn't lie through this, he sighed, dropping his head into his hands. 

     "It's Y/N, she-" Pavitr paused, not really knowing where to start. He mumbled something in Tamil under his breath. He took a deep breath before continuing. 

     "Y/N's an anomaly, she's been lying to me, she's known that I'm Spiderman for who knows how long and hid it all from me and I don't know why!"