Chapter 14

Small note, "azhagi" does mean
beautiful ;)

✦❘༻♡♡♡༺❘✦

     We were fucked.

     I paced around the small dorm as Pavitr sat on the bed. It was around two o'clock in the morning and we were anything but tired. We were both very much panicking.

     "Who's the girl? I mean, the girl I was supposed to be in love with?" Pavitr questioned.

     I had just explained to Pavitr my thoughts on why the canon event was disrupted. I explained that I believed the canon event was disrupted because he fell in love with the wrong person. I explained the whole movie thing from my universe, and about the fact he was supposed to be in love with someone else.

     "Um, do you know Gayatri?" I asked.

      Pavitr sat silent for a moment. "I- I think I know a Gayatri that goes to my school?"

     "Daughter of Police Inspector Singh?"

     "Gayatri Singh?!" Pavitr's jaw dropped, dumbfounded. "That Gayatri? Inspector Singh's daughter?! I think I've only talked to her once or twice."

     I shrugged as I continued to pace back in forth in the small space. Pavitr let out an exasperated sigh.

     "I don't understand, I'm not supposed to fall in love with you?" Pavitr asked in disbelief. "So then now what?"

     "You have to get over me." I stressed. "Go fall in love with Gayatri. She's literally your soulmate and a freaking model."

     "I can't just do that!" Pavitr exclaimed, exasperated. "You like me, don't you? Are you going to get over your feelings for me?"

     I halted in my steps, and turned to him. I tried gathering words in my head as I walked over and sat beside him.

     "I-I have to!" I stuttered. I gripped the edge of the bed. "This wasn't going to work from the start. Pav, we're from different universes. You're spiderman and I'm just Y/N."

     "But I love you." Pavitr said quietly, in a soft tone. 

     His second confession released the tension from my muscles and I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding in. A wave of sadness suddenly fell upon me. We sat on the bed in silence until Pavitr wraps his arms around my shoulders. 

     "We'll get through this. We can figure it out." Pavitr reassured me. However there wasn't certainty in his voice. 

     I sighed as I lean into him. "Yeah." 

     I hoped so. But I had a feeling it was not going to be that simple. 

     "Come on, let's just, rest and deal with it in the morning." He said as he laid himself down onto 

     "In the same bed? How scandalous." I teased, trying to lighten the tense situation. Pavitr blinked at me blankly before climbing out of the bed.

     "You know what? Never mind." He surrendered. I could tell there was a lighthearted tone to his words.

     I laughed to myself as he climbed to the bed above. The top bunk he didn't like sleeping in because of the lizards. I'd say he has bigger things on his mind than lizards.

     I mean, we both did. I didn't have time to think of cockroaches. But as I lay on the bed, staring at the bottom of the bed above me, I didn't really want to think of anything. I just wanted to sleep and forget it all.