05 | all my children

Mystic Falls, Virginia, 23 October 2010

The morning after the Mikaelson Ball, Anastasia was served breakfast in bed. Putting on a pair of grey sweatpants and a white crop top — ready for a full day of doing nothing — she and corgi-Kol entered the living room where Klaus was seated on the couch, sketchbook resting in his lap.

Jumping over the back of the couch, she landed gracefully beside Nik, leaning against him to see what he was drawing, "What are you draaaaaawing?" she asked.

"Use your eyes and see," Nik rolled his eyes and focused on the drawing.

"Rude," Anastasia told him, narrowing her eyes to scrutinise the outlines of what likely would turn into a face. Then she decided to give him a moment of peace by lying down across the couch, placing her feet in his lap. The action forced him to adjust his sketchbook to lean against her lower legs.

"You know socks usually come in pairs, right?" he asked her with clear judgement. "That means that there is a matching one for each foot."

Anastasia rolled her eyes at his unnecessarily rude remark against her socks. Bending her leg and stomping him on the thigh with her heel before she then stretched it out again. "I am in the sanctuary of my own home and if I go outside, I will wear shoes. So let me wear what I want."

Truth be told, she hadn't even registered that one sock had yellow Minions on it and the other was purple. Picking up one of the new phones Klaus had given her she started it up. About ten minutes later when she had downloaded the necessary numbers and changed the background picture, Kol came strolling into the living room.

"Why is he happy?" Anastasia asked the hybrid, watching the Original vampire cautiously. "Am I gonna have to hear about a massacre on the news tonight?"

"Like you watch the news," Niklaus scoffed.

"Why is your little beast occupying my seat?" Kol asked, scowling at the corgi that laid on the armchair opposite the couch.

"He has lived with her longer than you," Anastasia argued. "So it's technically his spot."

"You know, Nik, allowing pesky little humans and animals to rule your life is rather pathetic," Kol taunted his brother.

Rolling her eyes at his childishness, Anastasia sat up and patted her own leg, "Kol, come here," she ordered and the little corgi jumped off the armchair, tail wagging in the air as he trotted over to her. Jumping up, he laid down next to her.

"Was that an invitation for me to-"

"Kol," Nik warned his little brother.

The younger Mikaelson raised his hands in mock surrender, "I was just asking." His sharp eyes never seemed to leave her as he sat down on the armchair. "So, princess, how did you end up with my brother?"