10 | sleeping beauty

Denver, Colorado, 29 October 2010

Unsurprisingly, Kol had a talent for violently hitting a baseball across a field; his heightened senses removed the most difficult part of the sport for a beginner — actually hitting the ball and not just swinging the bat wildly in the air. He also had to hold back some strength in order to not launch the baseball to Missouri.

Anastasia found a little amusement in watching the two boys take turns but after a life she felt like one of those overbearing 'girlfriends' that insisted on constantly being in her boyfriend's presence. Though, to be fair, her fake-boyfriend required supervision since he was unadapted to the modern world, easy to anger and dangerous when pushed over the edge.

Every girl's dream man...

Per Niklaus's request, Anastasia also made sure to snap a quick picture of Jeremy to be used for motivational purposes for the Bennett witch. Instead of a 'thank you' in response, she got a warning to be careful because once the Mystic Falls very own band of idiots found out the Mikaelsons had Jeremy under watch, they'd probably send somebody to fetch him.

When dark clouds covered the sky, they called it a day. Kol and Anastasia returned to their hotel suite just as the skies opened and rain poured down over Denver. "You went an entire day in the company of a human without murdering him — I am impressed."

"Exactly what have my brother told you about me?" Kol rolled his eyes. "I have self-control when I choose to."

"Then I'm proud of you for choosing the high ground today," Anastasia corrected her previous statement. "It spared me a lot of stress and the pain of having to tell Nik that our only leverage ended up with one less heart."

"Ripping out hearts is more of an Elijah thing," Kol shrugged with an easy-going smile as he plopped down on the couch.

"Considering you got three girls' numbers today — I'd say you're quite the heart stealer even without ripping them out," Anastasia snorted, mildly annoyed by how Kol apparently just had to exist in order for everyone to fawn over him.

Thankfully, he made sure to brush off their advances when in the presence of Jeremy. It spared Anastasia from either having to make excuses for her so-called boyfriend or from enduring Jeremy's pity if the Gilbert boy thought her boyfriend was a cheating scumbag.

Before Kol could retort, his phone started ringing in his pocket. "Is that one of your suitors?" Anastasia teased.

"Unfortunately not," Kol said, pursing his lips in annoyance as he answered the call. "What do you want, Nik?"