12 | i have a feeling we're not in kansas anymore

Kansas, 2 November 2010

Kol eventually grew bored with Mary's pleas for mercy and killed the old vampire after pinning her up to the wall. The image could have come straight out of a horror movie which of course meant that Kol was oddly proud of his work of art, going as far as to compare his masterpiece with Leonardo Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man.

What followed then was a few hours of waiting until Elena, Damon and Jeremy finally showed up. In Anastasia's opinion, they could just have left Kol's interpretation of the Vitruvian Man on the wall since that sent a clear message to their enemies that the Mikaelsons knew exactly what they were planning.

Kol, on the other hand, wanted to see hope leave Damon's eyes when he discovered that their only link to finding out who sired them had been cut. She also suspected Kol wished to land a few hits against the older Salvatore before they returned to Mystic Falls.

"I don't get it," Anastasia frowned as she rummaged through all of the magazines Mary collected over the years. "Why would a vampire, with the ability to compel herself any house and anything — choose to live in a dump like this?"

Kol didn't even get the chance to respond before Anastasia continued her little rant, "And why keep this garbage? A local newspaper from 1966 with the most interesting article being about some new restaurant opening up in the area. Some old fashion magazine with an article about '10 ways to catch a man's attention' from the 1950s."

"Have you always been this judgemental?" Kol asked with a roll of his eyes as he twirled the aluminium baseball bat, he stole from the batting cage in Denver, in his hands. In the middle of killing Mary, he realised he forgot it in the car and ran to fetch it.

"Why do you always pretend that I am the snobby one?" Anastasia asked him.

"I didn't say you're a snob, I said you tend to make that cute judgy face a lot," Kol shrugged, snatching the magazine from her hand. "And apparently you should bat your eyelashes more if you want to snatch a man."

Doing the complete opposite of that, Anastasia gave Kol a blank stare. Cutting off any further discussion about her ability to snatch men, Anastasia's phone beeped with a new notification. Picking it up from her back pocket, she unlocked the phone.

"Jeremy is nearby," Anastasia announced, zooming in on the map to see the moving red dot that got closer and closer to Mary's house. "And remember what Nik said — and sent me thirteen text telling me to remind you about-"

"The doppelgänger is not to be killed," Kol finished with a roll of his eyes. "One more reminder and I might just do it out of spite."

.•° ♛ °•.

Kol sat in a chair on the opposite side of the room to Mary's body, resting the baseball bat casually on his shoulder as they awaited the arrival of Elena, Jeremy and Damon. Anastasia sat on the chair beside him, trying to solve an old Rubik's cube she found earlier.