| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 2 |

UNKNOWNgyuvin you need to restrain me from clocking mr sooBRO LITERALLY STOPPED ME IN THE MIDDLE OF MY AUDITION FOR JEFFERSON AND ASKED IF MY MOM WAS SINGLE AGAINit's not her fault all the men she marries are shitty 😔

UNKNOWN
gyuvin you need to restrain me from clocking mr soo
BRO LITERALLY STOPPED ME IN THE MIDDLE OF MY AUDITION FOR JEFFERSON AND ASKED IF MY MOM WAS SINGLE AGAIN
it's not her fault all the men she marries are shitty 😔

ETSUKO
UGH I KNOW
let me treat you to some nice warm coffee
meet me in the campus cafe

UNKNOWN
you only like ice coffee??

ETSUKO
i like both
but im not gyuvin

UNKNOWN
wha
OH MB
sorry, wrong person!

ETSUKO
thats fine! how do you get an unknown number mixed up with a contact though..

UNKNOWN
oh hehe
blocking gyuvin has just become standard procedure so i just keep him as unknown now
anyways who did i end up texting?

ETSUKO
fun 💀💀
this is etsuko
i was just added to the gc
also, how did your audition go??

UNKNOWN
etsuko ‼️
hi ‼️
ur name is really pretty btw
and i think it went pretty well, i crossing my fingers for jefferson or at least madison
we find out in 2 weeks
auditions close in 9 days

ETSUKO
then i better start practicing 👌
this is gunwook right?

UNKNOWN
ues it is
well i wish you the best of luck 🤞

@etsuko changed contact to GUNWOOK‼️

ETSUKO
you have to schedule auditions rught?
i better get on that but it was fun chatting with you <3

GUNWOOK ‼️
one more thing ✋
do you think i could take that offer up about the coffee?

ETSUKO
definitely 😍

-

A WAVE OF COOL AIR hit the raven-haired girl as she stepped into the performing arts building. it was refreshing, considering today was one of the hottest days of the year, and it would continue to stay this boiling. yet he still wanted to grab coffee with her.

passing a board, packed with flyers advertising the upcoming shows in the school year, she knocked on the maroon door leading to mr. soo's office. she sighed as the door opened, revealing a tall slender figure with a black bowl cut and horn-rimmed glasses.

he smiled, "what can i help you with?"

leaning on the door frame, etsuko explained that she knew she was a little late to the party, however she wanted to be apart of the show that they would put on at the end of the year.

"if there's still time, id like to audition." the man fixed his glasses before answering, "well, im a very busy man," he joked, "the only time i have is now."

she stood up straight. she hadn't had anytime to practice. what song was she going to sing? would he make her dance? could she still warm up before? she shook her head, pushing those thoughts away and gave him a firm look.

"im ready."

"ill see you in the auditorium. you have 5 minutes to get warmed up."

she nodded before turning and racing down the hallway to the theater where her fate would be set. she pulled out her phone scrolling through she library thinking of what she might preform. she would definitely audition for angelica and aaron burr was a must. maybe she would also go for eliza? but then again, those songs take a lot of practice to perfect and she doesn't have that kind of time.

she greets the steel doors with a violent push, opening them revealing the stage lit up with an audience of maybe 20 people sitting in the front rows. a bunch of people i don't recognize, great...

she walked down the aisle, trying to keep herself calm while still on her phone. when she approached the back stage area, etsuko decided on satisfied, burn, and wait for it. she was ambitious, as she waited for the sound of the doors opening so she could step on stage.

it felt like an eternity waiting for mr. soo, but eventually, she heard the click of a doors and carefully stepped out from behind the curtains.

he took his time getting to his seat in the middle of the ocean of students, "ready?"

Not really...

"yep." she replied blankly.

"alright i just need your name and who your auditioning for. there can be more than one."

"terezono etsuko, and im auditioning for aaron burr, angelica schyuler and elizabeth hamilton."

the students voices echoed through out the large room as her name left her mouth. she heard a faint 'go etsuko!' from a boy sitting in the far right. he had light brown hair, was wearing a textured blue sweater, and she has no idea who he was.

mr soo chuckles, "im excited to see what you have in store for us. are you okay with singing acappella?"

"sure." at this point, she was terrified. however there was no way she would show it. over the years, she had become very good at radiating confidence and glee while on the inside, no one could figure out what was going on.

"whenever your ready."

she took a deep breath before singing the opening of wait for it. she'd start with the characters she wanted the most and then save the 'maybes' for last.

many of the lines were repetitive so it easy to memorize and remember. much easier than learning a whole new song on the spot. she kept hers eyes open through the songs in hopes of seeing at least a smile from mr soo. some reassurance that she was doing well. alas, he had a rbf.

before she knew it, she was on to satisfied and then burn. etsuko didn't realize it at the time, but while everyone was waving there arms in beat with the song, a certain black haired boy was memorized by the girl.

enough that he hadn't even noticed she stopped singing.

-

AUTHORS NOTES

there's no way you'll guess
who that certain black haired
boy was 🫢