| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 7 |

SETTLED ON THE WOODEN CHAIR of the cafe, gunwook was getting more and more anxious by the second, and he had no idea why.

he barely even knew this girl. yet, she made him so nervous and she was oblivious to it. etsuko was felt comfortable with the boy, something she hadn't felt in a person in a long time. past relationships seemed senseless because she had never felt the way she had with gunwook.

the tone of footsteps approaching the table snapped the boy out of his trance, "sorry, have i kept you waiting?"

etsuko lays her bag on the table beside her chair before they go to the register to order. once they have there drinks, they find there seats.

"apparently mr. soo is releasing who got who this week."

the girl takes a sip of her drink, "really? i thought it was going to be another few weeks. he must make decisions fast."

"that's just what kyungseo said. not sure if she's a pathological liar or not."

etsuko lets out a breathy laugh, "speaking of kyungseo, i don't know why but she gives me the ick for some reason."

they had only had one conversation, but etsuko was good at reading people like that. she could sense that kyungseo disliked something about her, however maybe it wasn't her but who she's with.

"you said she texted you just to say me and her are exclusive? that was a little strange. the others have bugged me about her liking me since high school but i me never thought anything of it."

"you don't like her back though, right?"

he smirks, looking down, "why? you wanna take me out?"

"and what if i do?"

surprised at her straightforwardness, he looks up, making eye contact with the girl.

"i don't like her like that."

etsuko nods, playing with the straw in her drink, "good." she mumbles, apart of her hoping gunwook didn't hear her.

he did. a small comment like that was able to turn his cheeks a rosy colour and make him bashful. he inhaled deeply, "do you wanna go for a walk?"

"it is a beautiful day." she replies, peering out the window giving gunwook time to admire her beautiful. she had been his hallway crush, however she looked so much better upclose.

she large eyes made the beauty mark under her left eye stand out, and her plump, cherry lips made her skin look as fair as snow.

she quickly stands up from her seat, grabbing her bag before catching a hold of his hand, "lets go!"

they walk out of the cafe and are greeted with a wave of cool, fall air. hand in hand, they walk across the campus, talking about the current show etsuko was watching. gunwook had never even heard of the show, however he saw the way she smiled when she talked about it, so he became interested.

they then moved on to other topics.

"so we would never be able to hang out at meejins house because yujin was always with that girl."

etsuko gasps, "yujin gets bitches?"

"ha! he wishes. chayeong liked yujin since middle school so he asked her to the freshman dance and then realized that she's bat shit crazy and kinda ghosted her, so now she won't leave him alone."

"damn, that's rough for him. i also didn't know meejin and yujin were siblings."

"han yujin. han meejin. you really couldn't connect the dots?"