CHAPTER 5: In The Middle

"Well, you certainly know a thing or two about cooking, don't you?" William crosses his arms and approaches Y/N with a grin that seemed friendly, but she knew he was onto her now. She glances at the pizza, but her eyes slowly move up William's figure as he approaches her.

"It's... not that hard to throw a pizza together, is it?"

It probably sounded like she was back talking to William, but he seemed to understand what she meant by it.

"Sure... it has its basic fundamentals, but I've never seen someone do it as quickly as effortlessly as you, Y/N." William slides the pizza onto a cooking sheet and places it into the oven. "Would you like to share with the rest of the group?"

William, and the four employees stare at Y/N, waiting for an explanation. She had to make something up, and fast.

"Well... when I was younger, I had a uh, an aunt. And she was really good at baking, cooking, anything you could think of. But.. our favorite thing was making pizza together." Y/N smiles, but secretly it was insincere. The group seemed to accept the made-up story, hearing some "aww's", not knowing who exactly it was coming from. But she knew it was not coming from William, because his face said it all.

He squints his eyes at Y/N, still keeping the same 'friendly' grin glued to his face. "Well, that sounds very lovely. It would be a great help having you at this establishment, Y/N." William closes the oven and begins walking to the door.

"Continue your work." He says loudly to the group as a whole. As everyone quickly scatters to where they are supposed to be, he turns his head slightly before exiting the kitchen.

"And Y/N... please meet me in my office."

Melissa and the two boys slowly turn to her as William leaves. Y/N laughs nervously, tapping her fingers against the countertop. "Well it was... nice meeting you guys."

Mixed words of "you too's" and "see you later's" from the three employees juggled in the air as they all waved goodbye to Y/N. She exits the kitchen, which seemed to be much hotter than she remembered. She breathes deeply in an attempt to calm herself, and heads towards Williams office.

To her surprise, the door was already open. She carefully knocks her hand against the door frame, and peeks her head inside of the room.

She tries to smile. "Mr. Afton," she says politely.

"Y/N, please, sit." He adjusts the gold-framed glasses against his face before directing her with his hand to sit down. He watches Y/N as she takes a seat, biting the inside of his cheek.

"Over the phone last night, I promised that we would discuss your hours and pay once you arrived, may we establish that now?" He opens a drawer from within his desk, and pulls out a few sheets of paper. It seemed to be an employment application. 

Y/N sits up in her chair, scooting herself closer to his desk. "Oh! Y-yes, we can do that now."

He doesn't answer her, instead writing a number underneath "HOURLY PAY" on the paper. After a brief moment of silence, he looks up at the paper and smiles at Y/N.

"How does $4.00 hourly sound to you, Mrs. L/N?"

She almost screamed. Y/N wasn't even getting paid half of that price at Kings Row. She almost began jumping with joy, thinking of how much more she would have if she began working full time at Freddy Fazbear's instead. But, she also began thinking of the other employees. She remembered that the other employees had said that the starting pay was only $3.50. Although it was a lot of money, it was nothing compared to $4.00 starting. It meant that in the future, Y/N could potentially earn more.