CHAPTER 6: Liar Liar

Y/N's first day was faster than she had ever imagined. By noon, the entire restaurant was bustling with families, many of whom acted as if they had never been to Freddy Fazbear's before. The kitchen was hot, and sticky, and Y/N's clothes smelt rank due to the excessive cooking.

Y/N paces back and forth between the oven and the register, shouting out orders and helping her fellow colleagues. She felt as if she couldn't catch a break for even just a moment.

As Y/N finishes ringing up a customer, her eyes drift to the stage, to which she notices something unusual.

A small child, roughly 5-6 years old, struggles to climb onto the stage with the animatronics. Its small hands desperately reach for the foot of Freddy. She didn't know what to do. She searched the room for anyone that may have seemed like the child's parents, but nothing was ringing a bell. She knew she had to do something before the child got hurt.

She paces out of the kitchen and rushes to the entrance of the dining room, but before she can make it to the stage, she sees William, already next to the child.

He picks the boy up. She can hardly hear over the noise of the pizzeria, but she can faintly hear him say, "No no no no...!" In a hurried, but soft tone. The child cries out as he is lifted from the stage.

Y/N stands wide eyed, staring at William as he speaks to the child. Should she go back to the kitchen? Should she try to help? She felt as if she were frozen in place, and all she could do was continue to watch how he handled the situation.

William sets the young boy down and kneels in front of him, placing his hands around his arms carefully. The young boy begins to cry, but William talks to him in a thoughtful and tender voice. Though she couldn't hear what they were saying, Y/N watches as the boy nods his head, and reaches up with his little hands and wipes away his tears. William then begins to search the room, perhaps for the boy's parents.

And that's when their eyes lock.

She wanted to look away and pretend as if she wasn't staring, but it was too late. She can hear her name being called over loud and clear. She purses her lips tightly, and squeezes past the crowd until she reaches William and the boy.

"Can you please stay with this young man and find his parents? I really need to get back to work." She can still hear the tenderness in his voice. He stands up from his kneeling position, and suddenly his height towers over hers.

She nods her head, placing her arm around the boy, gently rubbing his shoulder. "Of course..!" She says, only loud enough for William to hear.

"Thank you, darling." He runs his hand across Y/N's lower back in a friendly and benevolent manner as he walks away, but all of it makes her shiver. She bites the inside of her cheek, turning to face him as he walks away.

She wasn't quite sure how to describe it, but William was starting to make her feel things.

'The boy! Right, I need to help the boy.' Y/N thinks to herself, turning around and kneeling in front of the young boy.

"Hi..! What's your name, sweetie?" She smiles brightly, and slowly runs her hand up and down the boy's arm to comfort him.

Through his little sniffles, he finally manages to mumble the name "Anthony." Y/N nods her head, continuing to see if anyone was going to approach her and claim the young child.

"Okay, Anthony! Do you know where your mom and dad are?"

Anthony shakes his head, and a wide frown begins to grow on his face. He wraps his arms around Y/N and cries into her shoulder. She pats his back, trying to quiet him down as people begin to stare. "Okay...! That's okay..! Why don't we look for them together, how does that sound?"