𝐏𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝟏

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐒𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐲𝐧𝐧 - 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬

Sunday evening, 7:30 PM

The ambiance at the restaurant was just right for a perfect evening. Celine and I were savoring our meal and sharing stories like we hadn't in ages. Laughter filled the air, and it felt like nothing could interrupt our moment of bliss.

Suddenly, though, My parents appeared out of nowhere, taking us both by surprise. They exchanged knowing glances before joining our table. "Hey there, girls. Mind if we join you?" my dad asked with a sly smile.

Celine and I exchanged puzzled looks, then burst into giggles. "Of course, join in," I replied, gesturing to the empty chairs.

As we all settled in, the conversation flowed naturally, though there was an air of anticipation that I couldn't ignore. It was as if they were about to reveal something big, something that could potentially change everything.

"So, how's life treating you two lovely ladies?", Mom finally asked, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "Oh, you know, the usual," Celine replied with a playful smirk. "School, work, and the occasional adventure."

My dad nodded, his expression becoming more serious. "Well, speaking of school, I have some news." He cleared his throat, exchanging a glance with Mom. I leaned in, intrigued. "News? What kind of news?"

Mom chimed in, her tone a mix of casual and deliberate. "You see, Cinth, Celine, we've been talking, and well, we've come to a decision.", I exchanged a quick look with Celine, my curiosity piqued. "A decision? About what?"

My dad took a deep breath, his gaze locking onto mine. "About your education, Cinth. You know, I haven't been very involved in that aspect of your life, but things are changing."

Mom nodded in agreement. "Indeed. With our families' prominence, it's becoming increasingly important to ensure your safety and future."

I furrowed my brows, trying to process their words. "Safety? What do you mean? stop with the puzzles Mom"

Dad leaned in, his voice gentle yet firm. and with a sigh, he spoke "Cinth, sweetheart, we've decided to enroll you in a boarding school."

My heart skipped a beat, and I exchanged a quick glance with Celine, who looked just as surprised as I felt. "A boarding school? But why?"

My dad's expression softened. "Aristia's island, to be exact. It's a prestigious school, and we believe it's the best way to protect you from those who might want to take advantage of our family's wealth," my dad explained, his tone a mix of concern and determination. "Our wealth is slowly becoming more apparent at your current school. Two of the teachers have already attempted to take advantage of it, and I do not want to risk a third one in line."