𝐏𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝟑

SONG: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 - 𝐍𝐁𝐒𝐏𝐋𝐕

✴Lorenzo's POV

the lift

As I headed back to my dorm after a four-day absence, the sound of muffled screams stopped me near the lifts. Natalie, with her posse, had cornered a terrified, unknown girl inside. Her harsh warning to the girl not to speak to me was fueled by her own delusions about my feelings for her.—again

Reacting on instinct, I pulled Natalie away. "Hey, cut it out," I said firmly, trying to defuse the situation. "Enzo, what the heck?!" Natalie screeched, stumbling as I moved her aside.  Ignoring her, I slipped into the lift just before it malfunctioned and sealed shut. The new girl was visibly shaken, cowering in fear. she was having a breathing difficulty  "Calm down, it's okay," I said gently, holding her closer. "Nothing will happen, just breathe."

the girl nodded, her breathing gradually steadying, though she remained too shaken to speak.  Utilizing an emergency hammer, I broke the lift doors, carrying her to the clinic and ensuring she was safe, I placed her lightweight tiny body on the clinic's bed, her face was puffy and her eyes were streaming tears, I removed the strands of her hair off her face, wiped off the tears from her face

As the nurse entered, I swiftly turned, my expression steely. She seemed startled by my abrupt presence. I quickly gestured for her to keep quiet, putting my finger to my lips in a hushed warning. She nodded in understanding, her eyes widening in concern as she took in the scene before her.

I didn't want her to give away my identity to anybody who asked about who brought the girl, I glanced at the nurse, urgency evident in my eyes. "Please, don't mention my name if the principal asks about it. you can say that I'm just a student," I whispered, my voice hushed but firm.  Her brow furrowed in confusion, but she nodded in agreement, her expression mirroring concern. "I won't, I promise. But what happened here?" She kept her voice low, trying to grasp the situation while attending to the unconscious girl.  "I found her like this in the lift. She needs help," I explained hastily, my concern mingled with a sense of urgency. "Make sure she's okay," I insisted before quietly exiting the room. Outside, I heard a girl's frantic cries in the distance. I hurriedly slipped into a nearby room, The girl was on the verge of losing her sanity, frantically calling out a name, "Cinth!", and to my shock, She burst into the room I had been in, accompanied by the principal and his wife. — It seemed pretty clear she was the girl's friend.

— "Hm, Cinth? A unique name", I thought to myself. with that, I retreated to my room, choosing to stay out of the unfolding drama.  The recent events weighed on my mind, but I opted to maintain distance for now, allowing fate to guide our intertwined paths. I knew our lives would intersect again, but for the moment, I observed from the sidelines.

I reached the dorm room, and walked in, I found Louis lounging on his bed. "Hey, man," he greeted. "Hey, Louis. What's up?" I replied, plopping down on the sofa. "Not much, dude. It's been a while." he said, and continued " You should stop skipping school, though. If your parents find out, you'll have to switch schools again. You know how hard it is to settle into new places all the time," Louis warned. "Sure, whatever," I rolled my eyes. "Did you hear those screams on your way here?" Louis asked, his brow furrowing. I nodded, filling him in on everything that had happened.

"Man, that's crazy. Now I really feel bad for messing with her and her friend earlier," Louis admitted, guilt consuming him. "Forget about it, the girl's fine, and it's all in the past," I reassured him, "You're coming to that party though, right?" Louis inquired. "What party?" I asked, perplexed. "The welcome party, dude! We can't miss it. Plus, I've seen some new hot girls, and we should check them out," he suggested, winking mischievously. I nudged his shoulder, "Shut up, you know I'm not into that kinda shit," I said firmly. "Yeah, right, good boy," he teased, and I jokingly punched him again as we burst into laughter.