13

I just found out drive-in theaters are still a thing. The triplets invited Nate and me to join them and Amelia to see Finding Nemo from the comfort of our cars. Since there's six of us, and Matt's car only fits five, I'm assuming Nate and I will stay in his car.

The theater is situated in a grassy, muddy field. I'm glad I dressed casual today with an old pair of sneakers. Nate is FaceTiming with Chris, trying to figure out where the group is. Eventually, we  find their minivan and park directly next to it. 

"Hey crazy kids," Nick says, walking over to us with a Boston Bruins blanket over his head and back like a cape. Chris follows him, his grey sweatpants dangerously close to sliding down and revealing his underwear. 

"You guys got any snacks?" Nick asks. 

"Duh, of course," Nate says, ushering to the basket of snacks sitting in his car. We made a pitstop at CVS to get potato chips, Oreos, Snapple, and popcorn. 

"We might have to stay with you guys..." Chris says. He takes a peak at the minivan where Matt and Amelia are. "Cause if they start making out, I'm OUTTA there."

"I doubt they'll make out," Nick says. He then gasps and slaps a hand over his mouth. Chris sighs. 

"What are we missing?" Nate asks, just as confused as I am. 

Nick looks over at Chris, who nods. 

"Don't tell anyone," Nick says. Nate and I both agree. 

"Our manager Sophia at TopStarLA analyzed our numbers and told us that our engagement is declining. Matt was friends with Amelia already and Sophia thought that if they dated, all of our careers would improve."

"Wait, so they don't even like each other?" I ask.

Chris looks confused. "No? No one said anything about that. Matt and Amelia like each other as friends. I'm not sure about the whole relationship part. It seems like they're trying to be in love."

"Fake it till you make it," Nick says. 

"Well that's just dumb," I say. "They should do what makes them happy."

"I wish it was that simple," Chris says. "YouTube is literally our career. We have to do certain things to make sure we're still relevant. Amelia is also doing this for her brand. It's not like Matt's lying to her. They're both trying to like each other in that way."

It's hard to process this information. "Do they like each other or not? Maybe we'll get our answer tonight. No cameras are here to film them making out."

As I finish my sentence, I hear a loud "excuse me?" I'm afraid to turn around. But I do and my eyes find Amelia's. She looks pissed off. Her mouth is in a long, straight line. Her eyes are like bullets. Suddenly, I felt like I was in middle school again. I felt burning in my eyes but I won't let myself cry. 

"I want the best for the both of you. I was just wondering how real your relationship is."

Matt gives me a look that is hard to decipher. He's not mad. He's... disappointed? I hate that I got myself into this situation.

Amelia grins and her eyes narrow. "It's time to grow up and stop being jealous." 

All eyes are back on me. "I just want you guys to be happy." I have nothing else to say.

Amelia rolls her eyes. Matt rests his hand on her shoulder. "Natalie, I appreciate the concern but stay out of it. Our relationship shouldn't be any of your business." He says it so simply. He's not mad or happy, but dismissive. Like he wants me out of his life. Then again, was I ever a part of it?

"You're right, I'll just leave now." I turn around and start walking. I have no idea where I'm going. I just know I have to get away. 

"Wait!" Amelia calls out and for a second, I believe she might apologize. I turn around to face her. I'm hopeful. Maybe she wants to make amends. 

"You need to apologize," she says, staring blankly. Huh? My confusion must show because Nate quickly steps in. "Natalie was just expressing her concern. Trust me, she's super nice."

Amelia glances at him for a second before focusing back on me. "I said apologize."

I open my mouth then shut it. Should I apologize? I feel bad about talking about her behind her back. But I don't want her to get pleasure. 

This time, Chris steps in. "Can we just move on? It's not a big deal."

"Yeah, for real," Nick says, trying hard not to smile. "Let's just have a fun night."

"Okay, but first she needs to apologize."

I don't know how, but I snap. I walk up to Amelia, and now, I'm just inches away from her face. "I'm sorry... for you. You have been nothing but negative. I actually wanted to be friends with you but not anymore. You need to stop brining people down and being whinny. Grow up and get a life."

Instantly after saying that, Amelia grabs a chunk of my hair and pulls. I move my head towards her to lessen the pain. 

"Hey, hey, hey!" Matt yells, using his hand to remove Amelia's grip on my hair. That's all I see before turning around and jogging away.