Fifty-Four

I. Am. Mortified.

Utterly. Completely. Unequivocally.

Mortified.

"Blue, it's alright. I can understand how you—"

"No!" I hold up my hand, ordering him without words to please stop talking. "Just... let me... I..."

I have no words.

"Look, it's not—"

"Michael, please stop talking. I'm so sorry. When you came in here, I just thought you were talking about when you saw me naked."

He blinks owlishly and tilts his head as his cheeks blush a brilliant red. A smile blazes across his face and I know where his mind went. Slapping a hand over my face, I endeavor to hide my embarrassment.

It's not working.

He can see right through me and he's clearly enjoying my discomfort.

"No, I need to say this." He clears his throat and stands straight, meeting my gaze levelly. "Ryker made it clear when I was hired. You're involved with Chris Gatlin and I need to keep my hands to myself."

"Oh." I gulp. "I didn't know."

"Yes. Nothing to worry about." He says, but his eyes speak a different story. I watch him as he watches me, measuring his expressions.

I point to the box of donuts before grasping it to fling open the lid. My stomach growls. My favorite flavors sit inside the white box, gently nestled next to one another.

Mouth watering, I glance at Michael. He's watching me, smug.

"Who told you?" My question surprises him and he jerks, taking a full step backward from me. "Chris? Charlie?"

He shrugs, face red again. "Ryker."

"What?" I ask, confused. "You asked Ryker about me?"

"I want to know everything about you, Blue." He whispers, green eyes twinkling. His voice, the smooth caramel intertwined with a German accent, tugs at my stomach. "Please don't be angry."

"I'm flattered," I admit, tucking into a decadent dark chocolate donut filled with raspberry and white chocolate ganache. "Oh, this is amazing."

I pause when I find his eyes on me.

"What?"

He doesn't speak at first. Instead, he rounds the desk and reaches out, wiping away something on the edge of my lips.

His eyes, a pair of emerald gems glimmering in the night, warm.

Heat flares in my cheeks and I tear my eyes away from us with a trembling breath. Clearing my throat, I gather my hands together. Michael stands over me, shadow lording over mine in the expanding silence.

"Blue..."

My stomach clenches when he speaks my name, but I still refuse to look at him.

"Thank you for the donuts," I cut him off before he can keep going. "Are you going to have one?"

He sighs and steps back, giving me much needed space. "No. I bought them for you."

I nod, bouncing my head several times more than I needed. "Thank you."

"I have something else for you, but it's late." He excuses himself and shoots backward, stumbling on the edge of my desk. "Sorry. We should go to bed. I mean..."

"Michael..."

"You should sleep. I will, too. Soon."

I promise. Chris and Charlie won't let me sleep until I've orgasmed enough to satisfy us all. And there's something I want to give them.