One Hundred & One

"You've got something..." Charlie motions to my face, "on your lips."

His eyebrows furrow as I lick my lips, drawing what I know is on my face into my mouth and swallowing. A smirk lifts his mouth, and he jerks forward a single step. Charlie is close enough to touch, but I don't move a muscle.

If he wants to touch, he'll need to initiate it. We're still rocky, watching each other carefully. I wish I could be angry at him—I'm desperate to be—but to discount everything he's done is unfair.

Still, something broke between us. I hope the doubt swirling in my thoughts goes away. With time, I think we can rebuild our trust.

The chemistry sizzles hot. Despite our differences, it burns hot and brighter the longer I go in his presence without him inside of me. I want them all with a desperation that surprises me.

When the others go down for augmentation, I'm going to forsake sleep and whatever else I need to for the night. The sooner they're inside of me, the better. And Lewis... his willingness to join makes me wet all over again.

There was a blush on his cheeks when he came down my throat. A wildness I'd never witnessed stole across his handsome features. I sucked him until his legs trembled and gave out, until he begged me to stop, until the only thing he could say was my name.

Then, when his mouth fell to my clit, I did the same to Chris. I want to do the same for Charlie and Michael. Those thoughts solidify as the latter joins us in the raised observation room.

Light pools around us in a white arc in the circular room. The same white floor and curved walls surround us, allowing a bird's eye view into each of the exam rooms and the main lab. Soft blue light drifts upward, painting a holographic picture from a million tiny holes in the floor.

Jason faces us, head tilted back to grab my gaze and hold. I offer him an encouraging smile, but he doesn't return the gesture. Instead, his head snaps to the right, focusing on the holographic figure now joining him.

Iris.

Her physical manifestation reminds me of an old starlet. She's average height, possessing an hourglass frame with perfectly coiffed black hair. Big hazel eyes stare out of a warm brown oval face above a small nose and pouty maroon lips.

Inspired by my father's wife, Iris's voice mirrors a mix of my mother's voice and hers. It weaves together, a complex lift of notes recreated using AI. Sometimes, when she speaks, all I hear is my mother. And others, when she's begging me to listen to her, she sounds like Aurora Daniels.

Ryker hardly ever speaks about her, but I know he misses her. There are a handful of photographs scattered throughout the world bearing her image. Otherwise, he doesn't speak of her.

Losing her was his greatest failure and is the main driving force behind his determination to ensure I am safe and sound. Everything he's done is to make sure I live to see more days. My memories of her are dim, shrouded in the eyes of a toddler and young child, but she's there.

His main condo in London was for her. Purchased, renovated, and cherished, I spent many days on the main balcony overlooking the teaming city and the Thames. No matter what changes in the world or what happens, those memories are precious to me and to him.

Even when I knew he was dying inside, the second he saw me, the despair on his face transformed into a blinding white smile. Happiness leaked out of him. It's a different type of happiness now, more muted and tied to pride, but he loves me deeply.

I'm the daughter he never had—the one he has instead of the one he lost—when his wife was viciously taken from him in a car accident. She'd survived the massive semi-truck striking her vehicle, but there was no saving her from the attack afterward. They aimed to hurt Ryker and bring him to heel, but like the men I call mine, he set their world on fire and reduced them to ashes.