26 ~ Dot

"Kai, were you kidnapped?"

"What a random question."

Kai answered Y/n in a peculiar tone. She shrugged and continued practicing her left roundhouse kick against the punching bag as she spoke again.

"You seemed to relate to me a little while back and I just assumed. I guess it was a weird question because you told me that you were raised here and all, but I still need an explanation."

He nodded at her, either at her words or practicing, she'd never know.

"I made friends with Rina when I was about twelve, but I barely got to see her because we all got homeschooled here and our parents limited our contact with the outside world."

He chuckled suddenly, a little bittersweetly.

"It felt suffocating. So I decided to try and escape so I could see Rina more often. I know, it's stupid, but I was only twelve and stuck in a house the whole time."

Y/n agreed and nodded understandingly.

"But they didn't let me leave so easily. The rest of TXT found me and Rina and brought both of us back. I didn't want to be here at all, so I considered it as kidnapping. I was a little drama queen. When they concluded that I told Rina nothing that could ruin their reputation, they wanted to let her go, but she pleaded to stay."

Y/n stopped the swinging punching bag with her gloved hand, panting loudly. As she took large gulps of her water, she waited for Kai to continue.

"She was an orphan and had nowhere to go. That's also the reason she happened to be hanging around the mansion so much."

"Wow. I had no idea you were such a rebellious teenager."

Kai laughed heartily, the glistening sound of his high pitched giggles filling the room.

"It ended happily at least. Rina would be facing it a lot harder out there if it weren't for me."

Y/n thought about how hard it must've been for Rina to live as a homeless orphaned child all alone on the streets.

It made her wonder how much harder her life would be right now if she hadn't been brought here.

In turn bringing another question up in her mind.

"Hey, Kai?"

"Hm?"

"How was Beomgyu brought here?"

She quickly assumed that the look Kai gave her was suspicion, sending her spiralling into an endless list of excuses.

"I'm just asking because like you said a while back that only you Soobin Yeonjun and Taehyun were born and raised here and like you didn't tell me about Beomgyu and you also told me about Rina but like you never told me anythi-"