43 ~ Echo

Beomgyu woke up, the tiredness still seeping out slowly from him

Beomgyu woke up, the tiredness still seeping out slowly from him. His body was relaxed and warm, not remembering putting on a blanket before dozing off.

Betting against himself, he turned his head to Y/n and lay his eyes on her sleeping figure once more, almost no hope left in himself. He sighed deeply, not removing his gaze from her peaceful complexion.

"Wake up, Y/n."

Beomgyu muttered to himself, sleep still evident in his voice.

"I have so much to tell you."

Not really aware of the words leaving his lips, he let his eyes travel down to where her hand lay, completely limp against the thin mattress. His hand tiredly lifted itself from the armchair and placed itself down beside her hand.

Beomgyu's fingers twitched a little, almost itching to hold her hand in his, but refraining himself because of the knowledge that she wouldn't feel it.

That was just the problem; he wanted to make her feel his embrace, his warmth, and everything else he wanted to express.

His soul pained with the fact that all he could do was wait until she was awake for her to hear all that he wanted to tell her.

The whole time he waited, Beomgyu reminisced about all their interactions, from their time together at the graveyard to even the smallest fractions of a second that their eyes met each other's.

He allowed his thoughts to linger on the graveyard scene for a little longer than the rest, subconsciously labelling it as his favourite. That was the first time he had allowed himself to be so vulnerable around someone, and it was with Y/n.

It was special, because a normal sense of vulnerability might suggest a feeling of fear as well, but that wasn't the case with Y/n. When Beomgyu brought his walls down, he did it in complete confidence and security, allowing himself to trust Y/n in a way he trusted no one else.

A single tear rolled timidly down his cheek.

=

"Please wake up, Y/n."

"You have to wake up."

"Wake up, Y/n."

"I have so much to tell you."

Words seemed to echo in Y/n's head, almost incomprehensible for her because of the unnecessary volume they were at. She could just make out the words, but she still couldn't understand the context.

She could easily recognise the voice, yet she couldn't match it to who exactly it was. All she knew was that she really wanted to talk to the owner of the voice.

Everything was black, and all she could do was hear those four phrases loop themselves in her mind over and over again. Her body wasn't responding, not allowing her to reply to the words being said to her.

Y/n felt her mind wander drowsily, as if she wasn't really asleep, yet not fully awake either.

Where is he?

Why can't I find him anywhere?

Although she wasn't physically searching for him at all, frustration built up inside her when her tired conscience couldn't decipher the reason for her dilemma.

The frustration grew more and more, a weird sense of urgency pulling her closer and closer (to something; she wasn't sure what yet). 

She needed to find him, and she wouldn't give up until she did.

Find who?

She wasn't sure who yet.

But she was going to find out.

short update cuz i have plans for this book >:)

a vote is highly appreciated <33