33 ~ Shock

For once, time seemed to be on Y/n's side, as it allowed her to enjoy the long drive to the party, deciding not to rush itself

For once, time seemed to be on Y/n's side, as it allowed her to enjoy the long drive to the party, deciding not to rush itself. The trip was completely silent, but Rina's hug made it comfortable for Y/n.

Every time the car stopped at a stoplight, Y/n feared for the sounds of the engine being turned off.

This happened so many times, that when the steady vibration of the car stilled suddenly, she had only just convinced herself that she didn't need to be wary of when the car wasn't moving. Her heart rate instantly picked up, dreading the moment Soobin came around to open the door.

Rina's head still against her body, she probably heard how much Y/n's heart was racing, as her head had perked up and tried to read her facial expression. She groped for Y/n's hand, grasping it tightly when she located it.

"It's gonna be okay."

Y/n smiled lazily at Rina.

Her eyes trailed from Rina's to Beomgyu's, his gaze still having not left her the whole car drive.

When their eyes finally locked Y/n realised how much she missed staring into his beautiful brown eyes. She no longer felt the urge to tear her eyes away from his, now feeling the need to stare at him forever.

That was what he had been feeling ever since she came down the staircase earlier that evening. She had looked so beautiful to him, but he knew that she had been on the brink of a breakdown the whole time she was getting ready.

All he wanted to do was to hold her in his arms and comfort her and make it all be alright.

He was waiting for her to return his gaze, some part of him searching for a sign in her eyes that she felt the same way about him.

The magnetic staring contest was lost by both of them when the door slid open, revealing Soobin, with a beautifully decorated mansion behind him.

Lights danced from all visible crevices, almost making it believable for someone to say that every single inch of that house had been painted with firefly's blood.

Y/n's lips parted slightly, still too relaxed from the long drive to drop to the ground in shock as it wished.

However, she didn't stare at it too long, a sudden urge to talk to Beomgyu coming over her. She now had her eyes set on the man next to Kai, feeling the need to speak with him.

Soobin ushered the six of them out of the car, closing the door and locking it behind them. Y/n glanced at Beomgyu, still wanting to simply interact with him. There were just too many people who knew about her feelings for him to be able to talk to him without feeling judged.

Rina - who had her arm linked with Y/n's - suddenly tore away from Y/n and wrapped her arms around Kai and Taehyun's shoulders, leading them towards the entrance. Y/n heard her say something about being really excited to get inside. Soobin followed them quickly, him being the leader and all.