30 ~ Tears

"Y'all fight or something?"

Yeonjun questioned Y/n as she emerged from the basement with Beomgyu, the reason being that he basically dashed off without a word.

She looked down at the floor, feeling disappointed at his avoidance of her. Ever since she had visited the graveyard with him a week earlier, it was like they were back to square one; he only interacted her when it was absolutely required, and she was lucky if he even acknowledged her presence.

"No."

Y/n made her way back to her room quietly, a sinking feeling in her heart. She felt that it was her fault that he was ignoring her, because she had asked him about his past.

Why did I ask him such a stupid question?
I should learn to keep my nose out of other people's business

She hugged herself a little bit, trying to subside the overwhelming feeling that was threatening to send her spiralling into an endless cycle of self-blame and regret. She could feel her eyes filling up, making her force herself to hurry to her room.

Y/n squeezed her eyes closed tightly, struggling to keep the feeling at bay. She had reached the top of the stairs and it was a clear shot to reach her room.

Just as she was a few steps away from the door, she felt her shoulder collide with something large and sturdy, causing her to fall over from the sudden obstacle.

She landed on her wrist, sending a painful sting up her whole arm. Instinctally, she immediately moved her weight from her hand to a sitting position, letting out a small hiss of pain.

In front of her, Rina lay on the floor too, but there was an overturned basket of laundry as well. Rina's expression showed concern, instantly noticing Y/n's pained demeanour.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..."

Y/n apologized quickly, not long before tears started spilling out of her eyes. Rina instantly felt really bad, rushing over to the weeping girl.

"No, what are you sorry for? I'm sorry, I'll just fold them up. No, you don't need to cry, what's wrong?"

Rina panicked a little, unsure of what to do, as it was obvious that Y/n wasn't upset about the basket. The commotion caught the attention of a few members, Taehyun's head peeking out from behind his door, and coming up the stairs was

Beomgyu...

Y/n rushed to hide her face, wiping the tears off of her cheeks furiously before he could come close enough to see.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Taehyun approached quickly, a sudden urge to comfort her coming over himself. His hand reached out a little, deciding against it at the last second.

"No, I'm fine, just-"

Her eyes widened when she saw that Beomgyu had found her puffy gaze, and he started striding over to them with a concerned expression.