3

My head was pounding again but it felt more like a migraine. I didn't open my eyes or it would make it worse. I just listened. It was somewhere around 3 am when i opened my eyes.

I got out of bed because i havent ate in almost a day but i was used to having no food.

I walked down the stairs and looked around once i got to the bottom of the steps. It was beautiful and it kept the same pattern as my room. I turn left to see if there was a kitchen and it was a living room with a huge flat screen. Then connected to it was a dining room. There was a door in the dining room and it was cracked open.

Me being nosy i take a look inside.

An office. And Umar was sitting at the desk.

I was going to make my way out when i bump a vase over outside of the door. It didn't break though. It was thick.

Umar looked up from his desk and saw me cussing my profanities.

"Why are you awake at such hour?" He asked.

"I could ask you the same thing." I say picking the vase up and sitting it back up on the table.

He chuckles. His laugh was so handsome.

"I am up because I can't sleep. Too much to think about. Too much happening." He answers.

I frown. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause a fight between you and your wife."

"She picked it first." He quickly retorts.

I shake my head. "I was fine on my own. I- I wanted to die."

I don't need pity. I don't need closure. I need for this life to stop kicking my ass.

"I can't let that happen. Not on my watch." He says standing up.

I stay quiet.

"Do you want a therapist?"

"No."

"Then talk to me." He says coming closer but stops in front of his huge desk.

"Why should i trust you?"

"Because I know how you feel." He says.

I was confused. What did he mean?

"No you don't."

"Try me. If you talk to me then i will talk to you and then you won't be alone anymore." He states.

It could be worth a shot. I truly want to get better. Stronger.

"Fine but can i eat first?" I say and then he chuckles again.