24

14 years later...

"Good Morning." I say coming up behind Umar.

Let me catch you up. Me and Umar got married ten years ago and we now have three more children. Five now. Three boys and two girls.

The twins are 16. Orion is 13. Meadow is 11. West is 9.

So lets say I've been pregnant for most of me and Umar's marriage.

"Good morning." He says back and drags me on his lap. We kiss like we're still teenagers when we hear a rowdy noise coming down the stairs. Our kids.

"Ew. Get off the table with all that mom." River says picking up a apple and munching on it.

"Mom don't even sweat it. Him and Gabby are fighting so he's a little stiff right now." Ocean says and River gives her the death stare.

"Mommy! Orion won't stop hitting me with the nerf thingy." West says running around  me and Umar.

"Orion please don't chase him with that thing and stop running West you could get hurt." I say.

"Where is Meadow?" Umar asks.

"She's still upstairs sleeping. She's not feeling good." Orion speaks.

I nod. "I'll bring some medicine to my baby."

"I thought I was your baby." Umar says coming up behind me.

"Get a room seriously. This is vile to the human race." River says.

I roll my eyes at my son.

"Eat your breakfast so you can actually grow a bit."Umar teases River.

River is 5"6 and to Umar thats short so he teases him all the time.

I take the medicine and walk up the stairs leaving Ocean to tend to her brothers and her dad's shenanigans.

I knock on the door.

"Im coming in Meadow." I say.

"Mom." She says sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Im here."

"I don't feel good. I don't think I can go to the reunion today." She says.

I look at her and instantly know what this is about.

"Is this about Zayn? Your crush?" I say.

Sophia's son. My best friend's third and last child.

"Yes. I don't want to face him today. I look like s-"

"What crush?" Umar steps in the room.

I turn to him.

"Zayn." I say.

"Dad. You didn't even knock." Meadow says.

"Don't have to. This is my house. You're to young and Zayn is 14." He says.

"He just turned 14 dad and I'll be twelve in a month." She says trying to fight her case.

"No. End of discussion." He says.

"Mom. Please talk to your husband." She says.

"Im your father Meadow." Umar states.

"Umar. Outside now!" I say. I rarely raise my voice but when I do it's bad.

He doesn't say anything he just leaves.

"Get dressed Meadow. You're going. I'll talk to your father." I say.

I walk out of her room and walk into me and Umar's room and close the door.

"Really? It's a crush Umar. Let her be." I say.

"On my best friends son." He says.

"So? She's going to confront him today. Behind your back or not. I know how she thinks." I speak.

He sits down in defeat.

"I just want to protect her. She could get hurt." He says.

"Duh babe thats apart of life. She has to learn. We both know Zayn just sees her as a little sister but she won't listen to us if we tell her that. As much as that hurts me but it'll only make her stronger." I say walking up to him and planting kisses all over his face.

He grips onto my ass and pulls me closer to him and then the door bust open.

"No! I don't want no more siblings so yall cut that out now and i mean right now." River says coming and his sibling trailing behind him.

"Stop cockblocking." Orion says trying to get him out the room.

"What do you know about cockblocking?" Umar asks with his eyebrows raised.

"Thats not the point father." Orion speaks.

Me and Umar stand up and force the three people out.

"You guys have to get ready or we're late so get going." I say.

They groan and mope like they're still three.

Once they are out we close the door.

"At this point we're going to have to start sneaking around like we're having an affair." Umar says grabbing my hips.

"Mm wouldn't you like that." I say taking my clothes off to get in the shower.

He trails behind me like a lovesick puppy.