Chapter 12: Mysterious threat

Ki-Adi-Mundi and his apprentice, Eris Vontan, returned to the Jedi Temple with the assistance of the clones. The wounded Jedi Master sought the care of the medical team, led by a diligent and empathetic medic.

As Ki-Adi-Mundi's hands were tended to, the medic spoke in a gentle tone. "Your hands have suffered severe damage, Master Ki-Adi-Mundi. We will do everything we can to help you recover."

Ki-Adi-Mundi nodded in gratitude, his thoughts consumed by the aftermath of their encounter. Yet, not once did he inquire about his apprentice's well-being or express concern for his young charge.

With his hands treated and a replacement prosthetic provided, Ki-Adi-Mundi made his way to the Jedi Council chambers to report their recent confrontation. The Council members listened intently as he recounted the events that had transpired.

"The Sith assassin was a formidable opponent," Ki-Adi-Mundi began, his voice laced with determination. "He wielded the dark side with great skill, easily overpowering both myself and Eris."

Plo Koon's brow furrowed with concern as he spoke. "Master Ki-Adi-Mundi, what was the purpose of this attack? Who is this Sith assassin, and what motives drive them?"

Yoda's ancient voice filled the room as he pondered the question. "A troubling matter this is. Darkened path this assassin follows. Deeper we must dig, to uncover their true intent."

Windu's eyes narrowed as he voiced his thoughts. "This assassin emerged seemingly out of nowhere. We must consider where they come from and what purpose they serve. This attack was no mere coincidence."

Obi-Wan Kenobi, his voice filled with caution, chimed in. "We must be vigilant, for they have proven themselves to be a worthy adversary. The dark side has grown in strength, and it is a threat we cannot ignore."

Ki-Adi-Mundi paused for a moment, his face clouded with a flicker of recognition. "There was something familiar about the assassin's presence, as if I had encountered it before. But the memory eludes me."

Shaak Ti, her concern evident in her voice, spoke up. "Master Ki-Adi-Mundi, have you any clue as to who this Sith assassin may be? Or why they would target you specifically?"

Ki-Adi-Mundi shook his head, a mixture of frustration and uncertainty crossing his features. "I cannot say for certain, Shaak Ti. The answers elude me, and it troubles me greatly. But for now, we must focus on preparing ourselves for their return."

Days passed, and the Jedi Temple buzzed with activity. Amidst the preparations, Master Shaak Ti, sensing Ki-Adi-Mundi's lack of concern for his apprentice, sought him out. She found Eris Vontan alone, deep in thought.

"Padawan Vontan, have you noticed anything during your encounter with the Sith assassin? Any clue as to their identity or motive?" Shaak Ti inquired gently.

Eris shifted uncomfortably, his voice tinged with uncertainty. "No, I don't know anything, I was instantly knocked out by his powerful force lightning, although, Master Ki-Adi-Mundi seems more focused on our training than the identity of our assailant. He believes we must be prepared for their return."

Understanding the weight of the situation, Shaak Ti nodded sympathetically. "Training is crucial, young one. We must be prepared for whatever challenges lie ahead. Remember, the Force will guide us."

Ki-Adi-Mundi and Eris continued their rigorous training, honing their skills to face the impending threat of the Sith assassin. The young apprentice sought guidance from his master, questioning the necessity of their relentless preparation.

"Master Mundi, why do we train so tirelessly?" Eris asked, his voice filled with a mix of exhaustion and curiosity.

Ki-Adi-Mundi regarded his apprentice with a steady gaze. "We train to protect, to uphold the ideals of the Jedi Order. Our dedication ensures that we are ready to face any adversary, no matter how formidable."

The training continued, the echoes of lightsaber clashes and the hum of the Force filling the air. Both master and apprentice were driven by a shared purpose - to face the darkness that lurked in the shadows and emerge victorious.