Chapter 15: Unveiling Darkness

In the clandestine chambers of the Sith, Count Dooku and Darth Sidious engaged in a conversation that would shape the fate of the galaxy. Sidious began, relaying the news of General Grievous's supposed demise at the hands of Ventress, with Kenobi delivering the fallen general's lifeless body.

Sidious' voice dripped with disappointment. "So, Ventress has eliminated Grievous. A setback for our plans, indeed. The Separatists will be in disarray without their leader."

Dooku's expression tightened, his voice tinged with concern. "Our carefully orchestrated scheme must now be adjusted. It will not be as easy as we had anticipated."

Just as the weight of their predicament settled upon them, Dooku revealed an anonymous recording he had received. Distressed voices of droids echoed through the room, accompanied by the sounds of crashing ships belonging to General Trench.

Sidious' eyes narrowed, his voice filled with disbelief. "Trench's forces in chaos? This complicates matters further. Losing our best strategist is a severe blow to the Separatist cause."

In the midst of their discussion, Sidious sensed a familiar presence stir in the Force—an old enemy returning from the shadows. He turned to Dooku, his voice filled with both anticipation and caution. "Darth Maul lives, Dooku. I sense his presence. Find him and bring him back to me."

Dooku's eyes widened, his mind racing with the implications. "Maul? But he was presumed dead. If he has truly returned, his mind will be shattered from his time on Lotho Miner."

Sidious' voice carried a tone of urgency. "Do what must be done, my apprentice. Bring him to me. There are ancient Sith rituals that can mend his fractured psyche."

Dooku embarked on his mission to locate the elusive red-skinned Zabrak, Darth Maul. With determination in his eyes, he located Maul on Lotho Miner, where the once fearsome assassin had descended into madness. Dooku approached cautiously, his voice filled with authority. "Maul, it is time to return to our master. The time for redemption has come."

Maul's voice reverberated with chaotic energy, his words a jumbled mix of incoherence. "Sidious... lies... twisted... darkness...revenge...kenobi...KENOBI"

As Dooku escorted Maul back to his ship, Talon and (Y/n) sensed the disturbance through their connection. Their gazes met, and they shared an unspoken understanding.

"Sidious and Dooku have recovered their lost assassin," Talon whispered, her voice heavy with concern. "(Y/n), this is a dangerous development. We must remain vigilant."

(Y/n) nodded, his eyes fixed on Talon. "We must act swiftly to counter their moves. Dooku's absence presents an opportunity for us."

They deliberated on their next course of action, contemplating the weakening of the Separatist forces. Their attention turned to the Jedi Order and the possibility of eliminating a key Jedi general to further disrupt the Republic.

"Master Luminara," (Y/n) suggested, his voice filled with determination. "Her loss would not only weaken the Republic's forces but also provide a chance for Barris Offee, my childhood friend, to have a better master, possibly get her on our side in the future."

Talon acknowledged (Y/n)'s words with a nod, her mind already formulating a plan. "Very well, we shall target Master Luminara. It is time to strike a blow against the Jedi."

While Sidious performed the ancient Sith rituals to mend Maul's shattered mind, Dooku watched, his gaze fixed on the haunting scene unfolding before him. Maul's body convulsed as dark energies swirled around him, knitting together the broken fragments of his sanity.

Once the rituals were complete, Maul knelt before Sidious, his eyes ablaze with a renewed fervor. "Master, I am ready for you commands. The galaxy will tremble before our might. At last we will have revenge"

Sidious' voice carried a mixture of satisfaction and anticipation. "Rise, Darth Maul. The time has come to reveal ourselves to the Jedi and the Republic. They will know the true power of the Sith."

Maul's voice, now composed and filled with loyalty, resonated through the chamber. "As you command, my master. Together, we shall bring chaos to the galaxy."

As the Sith solidified their plans, the Jedi Council sensed a disturbance in the Force. Yoda, Windu, and Kenobi exchanged concerned glances, aware of the return of an old enemy.

"The dark side stirs once again," Yoda spoke, his voice tinged with caution. "The balance is threatened, it is."

Windu's brows furrowed, his voice firm. "We must convene the council and discuss our next course of action. The Sith have revealed themselves, and we must be prepared."

In the Jedi Council chamber, the esteemed Jedi Masters gathered, their expressions grave and contemplative. Voices filled the room as they debated the return of Darth Maul and the imminent threat he posed.

Kenobi's voice carried a sense of urgency. "Maul's power has grown since we last faced him. We must not underestimate him or his newfound allegiance."

Yoda nodded, his voice filled with wisdom. "Dark times await us. United, the Jedi must stand against this rising darkness."

Mace Windu's gaze hardened, his voice resolute. "We shall devise a strategy to confront this threat head-on. The Sith will not go unchallenged."

(Thought that with Grievous gone Sidious would actually come back for him, also gives me the opportunity to continue with my plan, get rid of dooku and the Separatists still being able to somehow function.)