Chapter 17: Veiled Intentions

Onboard her ship, Aayla Secura somberly transported the lifeless body of Master Luminara Unduli, accompanied by her battalion of clones. The mission they had embarked on had been abruptly canceled due to the loss of one of their Jedi and the dwindling numbers of their clone forces. Defeated, they returned to Coruscant, bringing Luminara's remains back to the heart of the Jedi Order.

Upon their arrival, Aayla was greeted by the members of the Jedi Council. Their expressions turned to shock as they laid eyes upon Luminara's lifeless form. Questions swirled through the chamber, and Yoda inquired if Aayla had witnessed the identity of the attacker. She explained that she saw the Sith assassin fleeing the scene, and his ability to mask his presence in the Force prevented her from sensing him. Aayla shared the assassin's message, relaying his greetings to Barris Offee and his hope that she would find a better master than Luminara.

The Jedi Council deliberated on the matter, contemplating the assassin's words and the connection to Barris Offee. Ultimately, they decided to hold a funeral for Master Luminara, a solemn ceremony to honor her memory. Barris Offee, still grappling with her own conflicted feelings, attended the funeral alongside her fellow Jedi.

Master Yoda spoke words of remembrance and reflection, his voice carrying the weight of loss. The ceremony concluded, and the Jedi Council called for Barris Offee to join them. In their presence, Aayla spoke up, recounting the Sith assassin's message and his knowledge of Barris. Confusion clouded Barris' expression as she questioned how the assassin could know her and why he would wish for her to have a better master.

As Barris stood in solitude, the weight of the Jedi Council's dismissal settled upon her shoulders. The enigma that had unraveled before her left her mind in a whirlwind of confusion. She sought solace within the confines of her quarters, the doors sealing shut behind her.

In the stillness of that moment, a wave of relief washed over Barris, and a hesitant smile curved upon her lips. Finally, she was free from Luminara's demanding tutelage, from the relentless expectations that had burdened her every step. No longer would she be confined within the rigid boundaries of the Jedi Code.

But even in the midst of her fleeting joy, the ember of rebellion still burned within her. The hidden plans, carefully concealed within the recesses of her mind, continued to stoke the flames of her determination. The temple, the very symbol of the Jedi's supposed righteousness, would become the canvas upon which her disillusionment would manifest.

Barris firmly believed that the Jedi were fundamentally flawed, that their actions and dogmas had paved the path to their own demise. In her eyes, they were culpable for the darkness that had infiltrated their once noble order. And so, her clandestine plot to bomb the temple persisted, fueled by a belief that only through destruction could the truth be revealed.

Deep within her conflicted soul, Barris wrestled with the echoes of her conscience. She grappled with the consequences of her chosen path, questioning the righteousness of her actions. Yet, in the darkest corners of her mind, she found solace in the conviction that this drastic measure was necessary to expose the flaws and corruption that had taken root within the Jedi Order.

As the shadows danced across the walls of her quarters, Barris confronted the abyss of her own doubts. She whispered to herself, steeling her resolve, and vowed that if the day ever came when she encountered the Sith assassin once more, she would express her gratitude. For it was he who had unwittingly freed her from the clutches of a suffocating existence, granting her the opportunity to forge her own path amidst the chaos and uncertainty that lay ahead.

Unbeknownst to Barris, Talon and Y/n sensed the intensity of her intentions through the Force. Recognizing the potential danger and the opportunity to recruit an ally, Talon dispatched Y/n with his invisible ship to Coruscant. His mission was to monitor Barris's activities, prepared to intervene or extract her if necessary. They understood the shared history between Y/n and Barris, and the bond that could be rekindled in the face of disillusionment with the Jedi Order.

As Y/n arrived on Coruscant, he prepared himself for the task at hand. His invisible ship allowed him to observe from the shadows, ready to protect Barris and guide her should she choose a different path. The stage was set, and the fate of Barris Offee, the disillusioned Jedi, hung in the balance.

(I know that the timeline by now is absolutely fucked but just go with it thanks :D)