Chapter Three

"What about the scars?" Elliot asked "To get them you'd have to-"
"Don't. Please don't start imagining it. That only makes it worse" he could see her starting to fight back the tears "I didn't want you to find out this way" she laughed at the craziness of everything.
"Tell me. Please. I need to know Liv" Liv took in a shuddering breath.
"Rollins caught a guy in the park exposing himself to two tourists. When we brought him in, we found out that he had burned off his fingerprints. From the minute I went into interrogation I became a target. The second time I went in there I asked him to tell me all the dirty details of his crimes. He saw it in my eyes, that it's the emotional connection I connect to with sex crimes. I think, that's when he decided that I would be next. He raped and tortured a 63 year old woman that got a picture of him. She was 63 and he boasted about how he had her on her knees, how he mutilated her genitalia" she took a breath to calm herself "When she died of what looked like a heart attack, he was released. Cragen knew that it bothered me, so he gave me two days off. When I got home a heard a noise. I went to check it out. My gun was still at my hip, but I hesitated and by then it was too late, he was already pointing a gun at me" she looked up at El for a moment, checking to see if he was okay before she looked away again and continued.
"He knocked me out with the gun. When I woke up again I was tied to bed by my wrists, my legs were free but I couldn't move far because...because my...pants were around my ankles. I was terrified. When he came into the bedroom with a pan I actually let out a sigh of relief. He pulled me legs apart and burned me with a hot key. I screamed so he gagged me. Then he burned me again with a different key until I passed out. I didn't know what keys he used until I got to the hospital. It was my apartment key and you spare key. He didn't know what keys he had chosen, it was random but, fitting. When I woke up next, my pants had been pulled up but my leg hurt. I was lying on my back with my shirt pulled up. He told me that I was going to be his last, his last girl, and that he was going to give me something to remember him by. He was going to make sure that he was my last. That no man would touch me again. Fitting considering my lack of relationships after. There was only three. Cassidy, Tucker and Burton. It'll be 10 years a few weeks from now actually, and there has only been three of them after Lewis"
"Lewis?" Elliot spoke up.
"William Lewis" he nodded "He's dead, El. He's never going to come back for me. It's taken me 10 years to be able to say that"
"What did he do to your back?" Anaya asked.
"He carved the word 'Mine' into it. So I'll always know who I belong to. That made me pass out again and when I woke up I was tied to a chair. He was sat on the couch facing me, smoking. He asked me who was in the pictures in my bedroom. The first cigarette to my breast was for not telling him your name El. The second was for insulting his manhood. The third was for telling him to go to hell when he asked about my sexual fantasies. The forth was for spitting in his face. The fifth...he just wanted to hurt me"
"You should've told him my name" El spoke up.
"He would've seen through it. He would've known you weren't just a name, that you were more important than that" they shared a look before she looked back at the floor "He would've hurt me anyway. That's what he liked. The fight. The pain" she sighed, leaning on a desk she folded her arms over her chest.
"He fed me sleeping pills and alcohol. Mostly vodka, that I hadn't touched before because it was my mother's drink of choice. He hit me with the gun again at the start of the third day. When I woke up again I was in the trunk of a car. I managed to break off my necklace and I tucked it somewhere where the others could find it. He stopped the car for a while and then pulled me out of the trunk and into a house. He made me watch him rape a woman, he told me that every time I closed my eyes he would burn her with a cigarette. Having sleeping pills in my system made it hard to stay awake. The next time I woke up we were in a parking lot. He showed me the tape and the alcohol he bought. He taunted me with water, making me watch as he poured it out. He laid me down on the floor in the back, covering me with a tarp. He sang, ain't we got fun, to me right before he shot a 20 year old cop" Liv let out another breath, the ache in her lungs growing as she recalled it all.
"He took me to an empty beach house. You should've heard his voice when he told me about the authentic cast iron bed. I feel him smirking over my shoulder. He threw me down on it and told me to get up, I tired by my hands were tied together. He picked me up and that's when I saw the bathroom. The look of power on his face I...he tied me to the bed and left me so that he could dump the car somewhere" Liv sighed, the feeling of heavy lungs growing again.
"When he got back he pulled at my legs telling me where he would tie them. He asked...he asked if I wanted my clothes cut or burned off. He chose cutting. He found this old cutting tool and started with one of my pant legs. I tried goading him but he got mad and climbed on top of me, told me that he was going to make me scream the man's name who I couldn't stop thinking about" Liv couldn't meet his eyes "I told him...I told him that I was the only one that could get him off. He grabbed his gun and put it in my mouth. And I begged him. I told him I wanted to live" Liv couldn't stop her tears from falling "When he reached for my belt, that's when Miss Nuñez got to the door. He put her and her daughter in the other room and told her that he would kill her daughter if she moved. He came back into the room that I was in and started to pull at his belt, that's when I got the bar loose from the bed. I got up and I hit him with it, I knocked the gun out of his hand, I knocked him out. I uncuffed my hands, cuffed him to the end of the bed and I freed Miss Nuñez. I told her immigration would take her child if they knew that she was there so she left. And that's when I went back into the other room"