Chapter Ten

"Are you cold?" Elliot asked, noticing the goosebumps that started to appear along her arms.
"Yeah" she nodded lazily.
"Let me get the blanket" El moved too quickly, pulling himself out of her, earning a groan from her.
"Sensitive" she told him, seeing him looking down at her.
"Sorry. Hold on" he disappeared and came back a second later with a wet cloth, he sat on the edge of the bed by her thigh "Spread your legs for me a bit more" Liv shot him a look before doing as he asked. He wiped away what he left behind, tossing the dirty cloth in the laundry hamper in the corner of the room before he covered her with a blanket and joined her on the bed. Liv rested her head on his chest over his beating heart.
"We just had sex" Liv muttered.
"Yeah, we did" El laughed.
"What-" Liv cut herself off.
"What?"
"No. It makes you sound like you've been pining for me whilst married to your wife"
"It is possible to love two people at once, Liv"
"I know. Believe me, I do. When did you know?"
"I don't know. When I saw you on the ground with your throat cut I knew I wouldn't survive if I lost you. Right before I left I knew that what I was feeling probably wasn't just friendship. I think Kathy knew before we really did. Everyone knew" he laughed lightly "What about you?"
"Before Eli when you were getting divorced I thought that, maybe, we might stand a chance. When you found out that she was pregnant, I pushed it all down. When you left...it broke me. I just knew that what I was feeling must be more than the loss of a friend" she admitted, feeling him twirl her hair around his fingers.
"I still can't believe we got here" he murmured against the top of her head.
"Any regrets?"
"Fuck no" they both laughed "You?"
"Fuck no" she agreed, placing a kiss to his chest "Brian and Ed could see it in my eyes" she leaned on his chest so she could meet his eyes "Brain knew I would be as close to him as I could with you and Ed. When he proposed and I said no, he could see that in my eyes I was thinking that he wouldn't live up to you. I loved them both but, I was always loving you at the same time, comparing them to you" she admitted.
"Every little issue with Eli, I wanted to call you and hear what you thought about it all. You couldn't imagine the amount of times that my finger hovered over the button to call you" he admitted.
"But we got here in the end" she smiled down at him.
"Yes we did" he smiled up at her before she lowered her lips to his, kissing him gently before it became harder more passionate "Slow down their captain" he teased.
"Don't call me captain whilst I'm lying naked on top of you" she ordered.
"Yes. Olivia" he smirked "If I handcuff you I could call you captain all I wanted" his hand began to wander as his lips caught her neck.
"Oh detective. Seeing you in handcuffs excites me more" she smirked, catching him by surprise before she kissed him and pulled herself on top of him completely.