Chapter Five

Both squads stood around the OC bullpen as they waited for the final person to arrive.
"Liv" Simone smiled as she crossed the room and pulled her into her arms.
"Simone" Liv smiled as they pulled apart "I'm sorry"
"I told you Liv. No more apologies" she smiled at her friend as she handed her a file.
"Everyone, this is Simone Bryce" Simone smiled at everyone around the room.
"What's in the file cap?" Carisi asked.
"It's my file. And it has quite possibly the only evidence that we can use to convict Burton with" Liv placed the file on the desk they were all stood around and opened it to the first page, revealing a picture of a baby.
"Who is that?" El asked, all of them watching as Liv ran a hand along the baby's face.
"My daughter" she admitted "Burton Lowe's daughter. DNA proof that our relationship was wrong. If we can't get him on rape maybe we can't him on sexual assault" Liv explained, not taking her eyes off of the picture.
"I took some of her hair after she was born. I had a nurse sign papers to say that the hair was from Olivia's baby born nine months after her relationship with Burton ended, predating her 17th birthday" Simone explained.
"I don't want her dragged into this. We either use what we have or we don't use her at all. Is that understood?" She targeted at Carisi who nodded.
"How old would she be now?" Jet asked.
"35-36" Liv told her.
"You don't want to know her?" Jet asked.
"It's not that simple. Finding out at any age that your father is a rapist is hard. I don't want her to have the same questions running through her mind as I did. She's innocent in all of this"
"So we get the hair tested" El nodded.
"I'll hand deliver it myself, Liv" Fin assured her.
"I'll start working on a defense with Simone" Carisi added.
"I'll start sifting through his location history" Jet added.
"Thank you" Liv said to all of them before he eyes moved to El "All of you" he gave her a small smile "This hasn't been an easy day, I'm just thankful for all your help" she gave a small smile.
"We've got your back Liv, always" Anaya smiled.
"You should find your daughter. You'd be surprised what kids can take and having a mom like you isn't a bad thing" El assured her.
"Maybe" she smiled.