Chapter Twelve

Elliot followed Fin into the courthouse, not knowing why he was being taken there. Fin led him into a courtroom, his eyes finding Liv's across the room.
"Hey. What's going on?" El asked her, seeing his kids and their squads around them. Liv closed the space between them, taking his hands in hers.
"I don't want to waste anymore time, El. We've been beating around the bush for over twenty years. Marry me Elliot Stabler, right here, right now" she smiled up at him "I would get down on one knee but we both know I won't get back up" she joked.
"Yes. I'll marry you, right here, right now" he smiled, leaning down to kiss her when Fin's voice stopped them.
"Your supposed to wait until the part where the officiant says you may kiss the bride" he reminded them.
"We've been waiting for twenty years" Elliot shot back before he kissed her anyway.
"I have your something borrowed" Amanda announced as she handed Liv a bouquet of flowers "They're borrowed off our kitchen counter" she smiled.
"Something blue" Kathleen smiled as she pulled some of Liv's hair up, securing it with a blue hair tie.
"No white dress?" El teased.
"You like me better this way" she teased back.
"Noah's got the rings" Fin told them, his hands resting on the ever growing boy's shoulders.
"So who's getting me married?" El asked, looking around at them.
"That would be me" Carisi smiled.
"Which name have you picked?" El asked her.
"Olivia Stabler-Benson sounds pretty good to me" she smiled "Everyone knows your going to call me Mrs Liv Stabler anyway" he smirked down at her knowing that she was right "Although Mr Elliot Benson does sound good too" she teased.
"I'll take whatever name you want as long as you'll have me" he smiled down at her, his hand going to her waist as he leant in to kiss her when Carisi stopped them.
"Not until I say you can kiss the bride" he reminded them both. El rolled his eyes only making Liv laugh.
"You ready to get married detective?" Liv smiled up at him.
"To you? Always, Captain" he smiled down at her, taking her hands in his.
"Cap's written her own vows-"
"I don't have any" El reminded them.
"You don't need any, I just have to say this" Liv assured him, taking the paper out of her suit jacket she took a deep breath before she began reading "Elliot Stabler. I never thought we'd be standing here today. All those comments about us being together, I never thought they would be true. The truth is, I fell in love with you before I ever even realized. And now I get to come every night, to my boys, and for that I am forever grateful" she smiled up at him "I love you El. More than I could ever say"
"Good luck following that" Fin spoke up, making them all laugh.
"Liv. I don't deserve you, and I know it. I didn't know when I fell in love with you, but after a while I just knew. Every time I needed advise or a shoulder to lean on, I always went to you. My friend. My partner. Mrs Olivia Stabler" Liv couldn't help the wide smile spreading across her lips "You'll always be the Benson to my Stabler" he smiled down at her.
"Please get us married so I can kiss him" Liv ordered Carisi.
"Of course Cap. Noah, the rings" El and Liv took a ring each, sliding it onto each others fingers before they held hands once again.
"Olivia Margaret Benson-"
"Margaret? Seriously?" Fin teased.
"I can still fire you, you know?" She teased back.
"Do you take Elliot Stabler, to have and to hold-"
"Yes" she said quickly making everyone laugh.
"Elliot Stabler, do you-"
"Hell yes" he smiled down at Liv.
"You may now-" before Carisi could even finish El had grabbed Liv by her waist and pulled her to him, slamming their lips together.
"Kiss the bride" Carisi sighed as El and Liv pulled apart with bright smiles on both of their faces.
"Mr Benson" she smiled up at him.
"Mrs Stabler" he smiled up at her "Your stuck with me now Liv"
"I wouldn't have it any other way" she admitted, kissing him again.
"Say something for the honeymoon" Bernie spoke up.
"They can't keep their hands off each other for more than a minute" Kathleen joined in with the teasing.
"We've been waiting for 20 years. I believe I've earned every right to kiss my Captain whenever I want" El smirked as he kissed deeply her again.
"Noah and I don't want to see that" Eli grumbled, but smiled.
"Sorry kids but I don't think El will ever stop and I don't think I want him to" Liv teased back before she kissed El, hearing Noah groan playfully.
"I love you Olivia Benson" El smiled down at her as he held her in his arms.
"I love you Elliot Stabler" she smiled up at him, holding him in her arms. She lay her head on his chest, listening to the heart that only beat for her.
"My heart belongs to you, Liv. My partner"
"My partner"