Chapter 16 - A woman of taste.

I stared at the woman across the large, ergonomic, very expensive desk acting oblivious. Ellie stared back, a suspicious frown on her lips.

"So, you're saying you have no idea where Ashley—"

"No idea" I cut her off almost a little too quickly."

"Interesting..." she murmured, eyes staring right into mine.

She was testing me.

I did in fact know where Ashley was, but let's just pretend I didn't. The office door flew open with a whoosh and the blonde appeared through the doorway. Her lips were glossy, with freshly applied lip-gloss since I'd licked most of it off fifteen minutes ago in one of the stalls in the employee bathroom.

Ashley adjusted her skirt, giving me a glare before sitting in the empty seat beside me. Her hair that was once in neat curls were a bit haphazard, but if you hadn't seen her earlier that morning, you'd think it was a style.

"You're late." Ellie pointed out, seemingly examining her assistant.
"I know, I'm so sorry but something came up."

Something did indeed come...or rather someone.

I sat silently, feigning innocence as our boss rolled her eyes from across the table.

"You two know how important securing this Chanel deal is and you've been fooling around. Literally and figuratively." Ellie flipped the folder open, sliding it across the desk. "We have twenty-four hours to convince them that May's is the perfect company to market their new fragrance. The reason you're here is because for some reason, a reason beyond even my comprehension Ashley, you're actually good at this. And Robin, I want you modeling on this campaign."

To say I was shocked would've been an understatement. Of course, I did a few gigs for Ellie here and there, but most if not, all were for her company's brand, their magazine, their clothing.

Modelling for a big brand was never down in my book as something I'd do in this lifetime. I was excited and overcome with anxiety all at once. As if sensing the shift, Ashley reached over, clasping my hand in hers under the table. She squeezed gently, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Well, that means we should get to work." Ashley finally spoke up. "I'm assuming you and I will work on the pitch, Ellie?"

The woman nodded, clapping once before pushing a few strands of her now dyed auburn hair aside. "Let's get started then?"

I stood; Ashley visibly disappointed in the sudden loss of contact when our hands drifted apart. "I'll let you two get on with it. Call me if I'm needed." I looked in Ellie's direction.

"I will, and you better be on time tomorrow."

I gave her a salute, "Aye aye captain."

Ellie chuckled before looking off, her fingers tapping quickly against the keys of her Mac.

Ashley stared at me longingly from her seat and the only thing I could think of was how not even an hour ago I had her pinned against the bathroom stall, hot breath panting against my neck while my fingers were inside her. Our eyes met and my cheeks flushed at the thought of her knowing where my dirty mind was.

I could tell she wanted to walk me out, but considering I'd already made her late, I understood why she hadn't. I silently left the office, walking towards the elevator completely lost in thought. I absentmindedly pressed the button, summoning the metal box which seemed to be slower than usual to arrive.

---

Ashley and I still haven't had the conversation. The very important conversation about what we were doing and where it could lead in the future. Drunkenly getting married somehow dragged us from the fairytale world of romance, and it felt like I was being hit in the face repeatedly with an unwelcome dose of reality.