Chapter 3 - I kissed a girl and I liked it.

Ashley

I woke up the next morning to a throbbing at the side of my head. My eyes were glazed over as I tried to adjust to the blinding light peering through my bedroom. How did I get here? I blinked at an arm draped over my waist and gasped, not today lord. I released a breath I didn't even know I was holding when I saw that it was just Sophie snoring beside me.

I groaned and rolled over on the huge bed, stumbling to my feet. Everything was spinning and I couldn't quite recall any of the events that took place last night. It seemed like the walls were closing in on me-then opening all over again. I rushed over to the sink and ran the tap in one of the glasses, and quickly gulped the water.

"Wow," I breathed. "Water has never tasted this good."

"I agree,"

I glanced over at the spacious doorway where Sophie stood, grasping her temple. Her eyes were squinted in confusion, and her lips were parted as she tried to make sense of what was happening.

"Just two questions," Sophie's voice rasped. "How the hell did we get home and what the hell is that bruise on your arm?"

On instinct, my eyes flashed to the red patch on my arm. The skin was inflamed and I could see light imprints of big fingers. "Jesus Christ, were we in some sort of irish pub?"

My friend laughed, before holding her forehead and groaning. "Don't make me laugh. "

Sophie's phone started beeping. I could vaguely remember us tossing our accessories onto the counter after stumbling into the apartment after whatever time. I didn't want to pry, but I couldn't help it after I'd seen the name that came over on her caller ID. Sean.

I sighed and watched as Sophie grabbed her phone, before walking back into the room. The huge grin on her face couldn't be hidden, and the blush on her cheeks to light up the town.

I didn't understand why she wanted to keep the fact that she liked my Ex a secret. Well maybe I did, but she didn't have to. I've always seen the stolen glances between the two, and how she was whenever our group got together to hang out. It was part of the reason I wasn't reluctant when Sean and I split.

He was indeed the only man I'd ever loved-so far. His blonde hair, cloudy eyes and muscular build were only a few things I'd loved about him. He was smart, and funny but we'd grown apart. After being together for most of our high school life, it seemed we couldn't last outside of that setting. Real life had taken a toll on us.

My job was awfully demanding, and my online courses turned me into a psychopath who never slept and somehow he still stood by me-until we were oil and water and decided to throw in the towel. I rather have him as a close friend, than as nothing at all-and that's where we were headed.

I couldn't understand how Jessica and Alex had managed to make it work all this time. They were madly in love with each other, and even though I know for a fact that they have problems...they were always able to overcome them. That couple was my go-to couple because it's the longest one I'd ever seen that was still thriving.

It wasn't like those unrealistic movies or television shows. It was real, raw, uncut love and I was happy for them.

Still, I didn't want Sophie to feel as if she had to hide this from me. And I definitely didn't want her to feel like I wouldn't support her, because I was all for the lovey shit.

Besides, I had Ben...Somewhat. And we were happy.

I'd whipped up some breakfast while Sophie was still in the bedroom; scrambled eggs and toast, something to help settle my stomach. I grabbed the mug and poured myself some coffee, and as I stared into my cup, I remembered the incident outside the cafe. The image of Robin fondling my chest caused my cheeks to heat up. I didn't understand what the hell was happening.