Chapter 1 - Great tits.

Robin

I felt like it had been days, days that I was sat in my psychology lecture ironically close to tossing myself out of the window.

"I need a six page essay with each of you responding to one of the situations on this sheet of paper." Ms Davis waved the handout around for dramatic effect.

For fuck's sake.

I'd just given in a six page essay just this morning. I knew when I told my mother that university wasn't for me; I was making the right decision. Unfortunately, finishing university was her dying wish. I wasn't obligated to show up here every day, I just felt like it was the least I could do for someone who worked so hard to take care of my brother and I on her own.

I packed up my binder and shoved it quickly into my bag pack before hopping down the stairs towards the exit.

"Miss Weste, you forgot your handout." Ms. Davis said, still waving the sheet of paper around.

I groaned and snatched it from her, "Thanks,"

Pulling the jacket closer, I zipped it up before getting onto my sleek black Harley motorcycle and sped out of campus. Twenty minutes later I was parking my bike in the garage. The wind had managed to turn my usually straight, dark brown hair into a mess of tangles.

I should really invest in a car. Running a hand through my hair, I try but failed miserably at detangling it. I keyed the door and was surprised at what I saw.

"What're you doing home?" I ask, getting myself a glass of water.

"I decided to come home earlier today." Ben responded with his head deep in the cupboard. I was never one to pry into his personal life, but from all the fresh produce and seasonings on the counter I could tell he was cooking tonight.

"I take it you're having someone over tonight?" I asked just for confirmation.

He nodded, "I'll make extras if you feel unlike your usual self and decide to join us."

I stretched my hand and ruffled his brown curls, "Not a chance."

I jogged down the stairs into the basement—also known as my bedroom, and placed my bag in a corner before taking a dive into the king-sized fluffy bed. Before I knew it, I fell into a deep sleep.

When I finally got my shit together, it was around 8pm. I still felt groggy, and I felt hungrier than ever. I took a cold shower and pinned my dark hair up into a messy bun—the messiest ever I must say. I grabbed a joint from the jar on my desk and sparked it, taking a deep puff before I closed my eyes, savouring the taste.

After about twenty minutes, the hunger was real. The smell of whatever my brother cooked, found it's way into my room.

"God knows," I said to myself, emptying the ashtray.

I went up to the kitchen and opened one of the pots, seeing seafood pasta and grinned widely. Yes lord, thanks.

I grabbed a plate of food and was about head back downstairs when I heard my name.

"I think that's Robin, I promise we don't have squirrels in the house." Ben chuckled.

Footsteps approached me as Ben rounded the corner.

"Come join us," he invited.

"Actually, I'll pass but thanks."

He rolled his eyes. "You've got to meet her at least. You can't just come in here beating pots and pans and not tell her hello."