Hanging out

The end of August was already approaching, and Oliver Montclair had just one week left before he started his second year at Hogwarts. He had made a promise to Hermione Granger that they would spend time together during the summer, but unfortunately, that hadn't happened yet. Both of them had been incredibly busy throughout the entire summer. Hermione had been traveling the world, seeking knowledge and adventure, while Oliver had been dedicating himself to keeping his family's restaurant afloat, working tirelessly alongside his Mother and Uncle. Despite their best intentions, their schedules hadn't aligned. But despite the missed opportunities, Oliver remained hopeful that they would finally get to spend some quality time together before the summer concluded.

On one fateful afternoon, Oliver was engrossed in a TV show, sitting on the couch with his little sister, Isabella, who would soon be starting her first year at Hogwarts. The TV show depicted a gripping battle between a formidable dark wizard and a valiant defender of light.

"Hey, I've fought a dark wizard before," Oliver remarked, reaching into a bag of chips to quell his growing appetite.

"Yeah, and I don't remember it going well for you, did it?" Henry, Oliver's older brother, interjected with a chuckle, popping his head out from the kitchen.

"I did it, though," Oliver retorted confidently. "Who else can claim to have faced a dark wizard head-on and survived? Well, other than Harry Potter, of course."

Isabella watched the banter between her brothers with wide-eyed awe, dreaming of her own magical adventures soon to come.

"Speaking of them, have you heard from that crazy witch chick who kissed you before you came home?" Henry inquired with a mischievous grin.

"No, not for a few days actually," Oliver replied, a hint of sadness resonating in his tone. His thoughts momentarily drifting to the absence of any recent communication from Hermione.

Just then, a majestic owl swooped gracefully through the open window, catching everyone's attention as it landed gracefully on the living room table.

"You have owls deliver your letters?" Isabella exclaimed in amazement, her eyes widening with awe. "That is so cool!"

Oliver, caught off guard by the unexpected arrival of the owl, approached the feathered messenger, careful not to startle it. His heart raced with anticipation, wondering if this owl carried news from Hermione, finally breaking the silence between them. With trembling hands, he carefully untied the letter from the owl's leg and eagerly unfolded it. As he read Hermione's familiar handwriting, a smile slowly spread across his face, erasing the trace of sadness that had lingered just moments ago.

Before Oliver could even finish reading it, Henry snatched the letter out of his hand.

"What do we have here?" Henry teasingly remarked.

"Not cool, dude. Give it back," Oliver demanded.

Henry, unable to resist the opportunity to tease his younger brother, put on his best exaggerated girl voice, mimicking Hermione's tone, "Dear Oliver... I am truly sorry I could not respond to your letters for the past few days. I have been on holiday in France. However, I am back in London now and was wondering if you are free tomorrow? Maybe we could finally hang out and catch up."

"Sounds like she's asking you out on a date!" Henry teased.

Oliver's face flushed crimson as Henry's words echoed in his mind. He felt a mix of embarrassment and flattery at the thought that Hermione might see him in a romantic light. Trying to hide his emotions, he cast a playful glare at Henry and retorted, "Shut up."

Snatching the letter back, Oliver carefully unfolded it, his heart pounding in his chest. He poured over Hermione's words once more, analyzing each sentence to grasp the true intent behind her invitation. As he read through the lines with utmost concentration, he couldn't help but wonder if there was a hidden message in her words. Could it be possible?