New Quidditch Player?

"If you like her, then you should just tell her!" Isabella exclaimed, while she and Oliver sat in the courtyard

Oliver raised an eyebrow. "Who actually does that?" he retorted.

Isabella chuckled. "Dad did with Mom," she replied, a fondness evident in her voice.

Oliver sighed, leaning back on the bench. "Yeah, well, Dad was a maniac," he muttered, taking a sip from a random coffee cup he found nearby.

"Do you want me to tell her then?" she asked.

The sudden panic that gripped Oliver made him shout in response, "NO!" His outburst caught Isabella off-guard, and they both burst into laughter.

"Well, Oliver, you either tell her or risk your relationship never advancing," Isabella said.

A smirk danced across Oliver's face as he looked at his younger sister. "When did you get so wise? I remember when you used to chew on electrical plugs like it was yesterday," he remarked, a touch of nostalgia lacing his words.

Isabella rolled her eyes playfully. "I guess I had to make up for you being dumb" she retorted.

Oliver burst into laughter, his amusement filling the air. "Ha, yeah, you're too smart for me, sister," he chuckled, taking another sip from the mysterious cup he had found.

Just as the siblings were enjoying their banter, a sudden commotion erupted from the other side of the courtyard. Oliver's attention was immediately drawn to the scene unfolding before him. Harry and the rest of the Gryffindors were engaged in a heated argument with Slytherin, their voices raised in anger and passion.

Realizing that he couldn't just sit idly by, Oliver turned to Isabella."Excuse me, sis," he said, rising to his feet and finally putting the mystery cup down on the bench.

With a mix of worry and curiosity, Isabella watched her brother go, silently hoping for his safety as he strode towards the brewing conflict.

"What's going on?" Oliver asked.

"We reserved the field for practice today, but they're taking it over," Harry explained, with frustration in his voice as he pointed towards the Slytherins.

"We need it so our new seeker can practice," the tallest Slytherin emphasized, an air of entitlement surrounding him.

Harry's eyebrows furrowed with intrigue. "Who's your new seeker?" he inquired.

As if on cue, Draco Malfoy boldly emerged from behind the group of Slytherins, a self-assured smirk lining his face. The tension in the courtyard seemed to intensify as the rival seekers locked eyes.

"Malfoy?" Harry exclaimed in shock.

Draco Malfoy raised an eyebrow, a smug smile curving his lips. "That's right. And that's not all that's new this year either," he replied, his tone oozing with self-satisfaction. The other Slytherins followed suit, raising their broomsticks and revealing the latest Nimbus 2001 models.

Oliver Wood, the captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, couldn't contain his surprise. "Those are Nimbus 2001s," he stated in disbelief. "How did you manage to get your hands on those?"

Draco's smirk widened as one of the Slytherins chimed in. "They were a generous gift from Draco's father," the Slytherin explained.

"My father only supplies the best," Draco said.

Before anyone could react, a voice filled with anger cut through the air. "At least no one from the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They earned their positions through raw talent," declared Hermione, standing tall and unyielding amidst the gathered crowd.

The sudden appearance of Hermione took everyone by surprise. Oliver found himself internally marveling at her unexpected entrance, wondering how she managed to arrive at the scene so swiftly.

Draco, unable to resist a chance for confrontation, confronted Hermione, invading her personal space. "No one asked your opinion, you filthy little mudblood," he spat.

Everyone gasped as Draco uttered those words. Hermione's face morphed from anger to hurt, her eyes reflecting the pain caused by the cruel insult.

Oliver felt an overwhelming surge of rage and frustration. Unable to control himself any longer, he swiftly reacted, his fist connecting with Draco's face in a forceful punch.

Draco stumbled backward, clutching his cheek in shock.The crowd erupted into a frenzy of gasps and whispers, stunned by Oliver's unexpected act of retaliation.

"Don't you ever speak to her like that again," Oliver exclaimed.

"My father will hear about this," Draco cried out,as he swiftly retreated, clutching his cheek in pain. The rest of the Slytherin team followed suit, their bravado shaken by the unexpected turn of events.

As the dust settled, the onlookers couldn't contain their admiration and respect for Oliver. A deep sense of justice and unity permeated the air, prompting a spontaneous eruption of applause and cheers from the crowd.

"Good punch," Harry approved.

"Thanks," Oliver replied, unable to contain the smile that spread across his face. The weight of the moment and the release of pent-up frustration all combined to create a sense of triumph within him.

Oliver turned back to Hermione. The sight of her own smile, genuine and radiant, filled him with a sense of warmth and affirmation. "He deserved that," Hermione stated.

Oliver Wood was impressed by Oliver Montclair's actions.

"One of our players is sick and won't be able to play in the Quidditch game tomorrow. How would you like to fill in?" he asked Oliver Montclair, extending an unexpected invitation.

"I'm no good at Quidditch; I'd lose you guys the match," Oliver Montclair responded.

"Nonsense," Oliver Wood asserted, his conviction unwavering. "I think the field just opened back up for us after what you just did. How about you come practice with us?" The offer hung in the air, accompanied by a glimmer of hope for Oliver Montclair's untapped talent.

Oliver Montclair turned towards Hermione, seeking her opinion and support. To his relief, she met him with an encouraging smile. "You should do it," she said, her voice brimming with belief in his abilities.

Reluctantly, Oliver Montclair accepted. "Ok, fine, but only for one game. It'd be way too confusing having two Olivers for a whole season," he reasoned, half-jokingly, as he succumbed to the prospect of stepping onto the Quidditch pitch alongside Oliver Wood and Harry Potter.